Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello.

Can I omit "our" in my sentence?
"Of course, make up is not good for skin."

For more context. "She has a lot of cosmetics and facilities to wash it from the face." Or "There are a lot of facilities to wash it from the face."

Hello.

Can I omit "our" in my sentence?
"Of course, makeup is not good for skin."

Yes. In fact, it's better without our.

For more context. "She has a lot of cosmetics and facilities for washing it off." Or "There are a lot of facilities to wash it from the face."
Keep it simple!

Yes, you may omit it, but with the context provided it would sound more natural with "our", especially if you are referring to your gender.

Can I also say "There are many facilities to wash it off"?

No. That sounds ridiculous. Face-washing "facilities" are bathrooms - more specifically, bathroom sinks and hot water taps. She has a lot of "makeup removal products".

No. That sounds ridiculous. Face-washing "facilities" are bathrooms - more specifically, bathroom sinks and hot water taps. She has a lot of "makeup removal products".

So with the infinitive the meaning is different. Is is the same with other verbs? For example, "It is a cosy place to read." I don't think that's correct. And "It's a cosy place for reading." Or "There are facilities for improving your skills." Speaking about language apps. And "There are facilities to improve your skills." Speaking about language labs.

When did we move on to anything to do with the infinitive? Your question in post #1 is about omitting "our". If that question has been dealt with to your satisfaction and you now wish to discuss the use of the infinitive, please start a new thread.

Asked and answered.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back