Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Hello, can someone help me with editing correctly the paragraph below?

Please find attached the pdf drawing of the elevated structure that will support 9 PV panels on the area you have selected.

I would appreciate your feedback on the design and drawing.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I'd use "elevation" instead of "elevated drawing". Admittedly elevation is architectural jargon, but your version sounds like the whole structure has been raised up to a height.

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
I'd use "elevation" instead of "elevated drawing". Admittedly elevation is architectural jargon, but your version sounds like the whole structure has been raised up to a height.
I don't agree with you.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
@Joj, of course you are entitled to disagree if you wish, but if you won't take the advice of an English teacher whose mother is English, it makes one wonder why you bother to read this forum at all. If you don't want your English corrected why are you even here?

Maybe you should try to clarify what you were trying to communicate. Is there a structure other than a rooftop involved?

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
@Joj, of course you are entitled to disagree if you wish, but if you won't take the advice of an English teacher whose mother is English, it makes one wonder why you bother to read this forum at all. If you don't want your English corrected why are you even here?

Maybe you should try to clarify what you were trying to communicate. Is there a structure other than a rooftop involved?
There is a significant distinction between elevated structure and elevation. That's a scientific term; it has nothing to do with who your mother is!

Status
Not open for further replies.