Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Imagine that you could have made one change in your college experience. Explain what change would you have made and what difference It would have made?

College experiences teach invaluable lessons. Many experiences are happy memories; other are wishes if it could not have happened that way, or if it could be changed. Whenever I remember my college life, I always wished to change one of my experiences.

English was my optional (elective) subject in graduation. Later, I thought if I had chosen English as a compulsary subject It would give me better job opportunities. So, I started to attend English compulsary classes with my friend who had enrolled in the course. I had used to attend the class frequently. By the end of the semester, all students of the course had known me, but, execpt my friend, no one knew the fact that I did not enroll. However, he suggested me to ask the teacher first, I did not pay attention.

One day teacher asked me my roll number and caught me. I felt embarressed and left the class. Though the teacher could take serious actions and could tell the higher authorities, he just gave me the warning not to do it again. I had never come across the room again and never met my friend. I did not go to the college for many days.

I wish if I could have changed this incident and had formally registered for the English compulsary course. I would have been more confident in English and I would not have lost a friend. Moreover, I could have better memories with the teacher and other course mates.

Please suggest if there is another way to write this type(imaginary, If It would not have happend or If one of your wishes come true.) of essay.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Imagine that you could have made one change in your college experience. Explain what change would you have made and what difference it would have made?

College [STRIKE]experiences[/STRIKE] teach invaluable lessons. Many experiences are happy memories; others are wishes for things to have turned out better. [STRIKE]if it could not have happened that way, or if it could be changed.[/STRIKE] Whenever I remember my college life, I always wish [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] I could have changed one of my experiences.

I took English [STRIKE]was my[/STRIKE] as an optional (elective) subject in my final year. [STRIKE]graduation.[/STRIKE] Later that year, I thought if I [STRIKE]had chosen[/STRIKE] do English as a [STRIKE]compulsary[/STRIKE] core subject, it would give me better job opportunities. So, I started to attend English [STRIKE]compulsary[/STRIKE] classes with my friend who had enrolled in the course. I [STRIKE]had used to[/STRIKE] attended the class frequently. By the end of the semester, all students [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in the course knew [STRIKE]had known[/STRIKE] me, but except for my friend, no one knew the fact that I did not enroll. However, he suggested [STRIKE]me to[/STRIKE] that I ask the teacher first. I did not pay attention.

One day, the teacher asked me for my roll number and caught me out. I felt embarrassed and left the class. Though the teacher could have taken serious action and reported me to the principal/dean, [STRIKE]could tell the higher authorities,[/STRIKE] he just gave me [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a warning not to do it again. I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] never [STRIKE]come across the[/STRIKE] went inside that room again and never [STRIKE]met[/STRIKE] saw my friend afterwards. I did not go to the college for many days afterwards.

I wish [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] I could have changed what happened [STRIKE]this incident[/STRIKE] and had formally registered for the English [STRIKE]compulsary[/STRIKE] core course. I would have been more confident in English, and I would not have lost a friend. Moreover, I [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] would have better memories with the teacher and the other course mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.