Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hausa
Home Country
Kyrgyzstan
Current Location
Oman
I wonder if both poorly written and badly written convey the idea that a text is of low quality. I'm hesitating over the usage of badly, since, as far as I know, it also means to a geat degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they both mean the same thing.

There's no chance of anyone interpreting badly as a degree adverb in this context.

I wonder if both "poorly written" and "badly written" convey the idea that a text is of low quality. I'm hesitating over the usage of "badly", since afaik it also means "to a great degree".

Please note my corrections above. It's important to mark out words you're asking us to look at in some way. I've enclosed them in quotation marks. I have no idea what "afaik" means.

If you don't like the writing, feel free to use badly.

As far as I know (AFAIK) is an acronym.
That's a new one for me. @Silverhand - please write the words out in full next time. Even in casual writing, you should capitalise every letter of such an acronym, as Amigos4 has done above.

Yes, sorry. I was having a discussion on Reddit where it's uncommon to use proper punctuation and spelling. Believe or not, people think you're being passive-aggressive when you write correctly on the internet.

Yes, sorry. I was having a discussion on Reddit where it's uncommon to use proper punctuation and spelling. Believe or not, some people think you're being passive-aggressive when you write correctly on the internet.
Well, this isn't Reddit and I can assure you there is nothing passive-aggressive about writing correctly anywhere.

I have a friend in his 20s who thinks it's rude when I finish my text messages to him with a full stop. I despair.

Please note my corrections above. It's important to mark out words you're asking us to look at in some way. I've enclosed them in quotation marks. I have no idea what "afaik" means.
Afaik means "as far as I know". I've edited the post to expand it and advised the OP to avoid such chatlish.

I have a friend in his 20s who thinks it's rude when I finish my text messages to him with a full stop. I despair.

Kids today. 🙄

This may be an opportune time to remind people that "Netflix and Chill" has nothing to do with watching television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back