Pronunciation of filename extension "*.jpg"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"JPEG" is the full name of the standard (Joint Photographic Experts Group), but it is .jpg as a file extension.

Either way, "jay-peg."

Thank you for answering my question! :)

I am inconsistent. Sometimes I say "jay-peg" and sometimes "jay-pee-jee".

Teer, instead of sending your thanks in a separate message, just click the Like button, please.

Yet another vote for jay-peg.

Teer, instead of sending your thanks in a separate message, just click the Like button, please.
Teachers could also use the 'like' button as a vote of agreement. I do that often if I have nothing else to add.

I think the last sound here should be /dʒiː/ since it is a voiced consonant, shouldn’t be, please?

More: G, g noun (LETTER) - definition in the British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

I don't do the phonetic symbols so I have no idea what yours says. However, when you read "jee" as a word in British English, it is the sound of the spelling of the letter "g". I didn't write "gee" because some people might have thought it was a hard "g" sound, like at the beginning of "game". I wanted to make it clear that it was the same "g" sound as at the beginning of "giraffe".

Teachers could also use the 'like' button as a vote of agreement. I do that often if I have nothing else to add.

Unfortunately the 'like' button is not available in the Android app, which is my only way of connecting at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back