request to see the paragraph that I drafted on an imaginary situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajan

Member Type
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I took one imaginary situation and I tried to convert that situation into words by writing a paragraph in English language. Could you please check the following paragraph and would be grateful if you could rectify it grammatically.

I would like to tell you about my home atmosphere. We live in a joint family. My brother and I get on very well with each other. There is a harmony among all family members and we all support to each other in our day-to-day activities. Our home atmosphere has always been study oriented. I always wished my daughters excel well in their study. Since their births, we have raised our daughters with love and affection. We paid special attention to their studies and sports activities. We were the members of a sports club. Both my daughters daily went to play there in evening. Sports complex was little far from our home. We hired a cab for them to pick and drop from our home for sports complex. Till mid of their 10th class, we taught them and did not sent them for any tuition after school as is the trend found in India. From mid of their 10th class onwards till their 12th class, my daughters were home tutored though it was expensive. We gave preference to one to one coaching. We thought in home tuition, they will be taught better and by this way they can also save their time and energy.

Rajan

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I took [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] an imaginary situation and I tried to convert [STRIKE]that situation[/STRIKE] it into words by writing a paragraph in English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE]. Could you please check the following paragraph? [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I would be grateful if you could [STRIKE]rectify it grammatically[/STRIKE] correct any grammatical errors.

I would like to tell you about my home [STRIKE]atmosphere[/STRIKE] environment. We live in a joint family. (The blue part doesn't mean anything in English.) My brother and I get on very well. [STRIKE]with each other.[/STRIKE] There is [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] harmony among all the family members and we all support [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] each other in our day-to-day activities.

[STRIKE]Our home atmosphere has[/STRIKE] We have always been study-oriented. I always [STRIKE]wished[/STRIKE] hoped that my daughters would excel [STRIKE]well[/STRIKE] in their [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] studies. [STRIKE]Since their births,[/STRIKE]

We [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] raised our daughters with love and affection. We paid special attention to their studies and sports activities. We were [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] all members of a sports club. Both my daughters [STRIKE]daily[/STRIKE] went to play there [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] every evening. The sports complex was [STRIKE]little[/STRIKE] quite far from our home. We hired a cab [STRIKE]for them[/STRIKE] to pick them up and [STRIKE]drop from our home for[/STRIKE] to and from the sports complex.

[STRIKE]Till mid of their 10th class[/STRIKE] Until they were [age here], we [STRIKE]taught them and[/STRIKE] did not sent them for any extra-curricular tuition [STRIKE]after school[/STRIKE] as is the trend [STRIKE]found[/STRIKE] in India.

[STRIKE]From mid of their 10th class onwards till their 12th class,[/STRIKE] From the age of XXX to YYY, my daughters were home-tutored even though it was expensive. We [STRIKE]gave preference to[/STRIKE] preferred one-to-one coaching. We thought that with [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] home tuition, they [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would be taught better and [STRIKE]by this way they can also[/STRIKE] that it would save [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] them time and energy.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.