Review about two hotels in my local area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisCholakov

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Hi!
I am working on my CAE preparation and I wrote this review.
Task:
HOTELS NEAR ME
We'd like to know what local people think of different hotels in their area, so we're opening a section written by local people to help visitors to choose the hotel which suits them best.
Send us a review which recommends tho hotels in your area for two different types of visitor and says what sort of visitor each hotel would suit and why.
Review

Velingrad is a peaceful and petite town, located at the end of Chepino Valley, part of Rhodope Mountains. Despite its size, the city these days has become one of the most visited balneological resorts in Bulgaria. A holiday in Velingrad is a great occasion to relax or maybe explore the nature of Bulgaria, depends on which type of tourist you are.

Situated in the suburbs of the town, Hotel Arte is an example of what luxury hotel is. With its perfect service and modern design, Arte is the excellent place for people who like the richness and comfort. The hotel is equipped with the latest technologies of spa treatments. Rooms are spacious and they are cleaned every day. Also, if you are a food lover, then Arte is the best choice for you. Hotel's restaurant supplies guests with healthy and delicious food, which satisfies everyone's needs. Although, the main disadvantage of Arte is that it is distant from Velingrad's centre.

However, there are people who do not like spending that much money on their vacation. Aura is a typical three-star hotel that will surpass your expectations. Swimming pools are one of the hottest and most clear in the town. The hotel will suit backpackers and tourists whose aim is to explore the local environment. Aura's profit is that it is located in the heart of Velingrad. In addition, the staff are helpful and friendly. Moreover, there are organized trips to regional landmarks.

As you can see, these hotels are perfect for two different categories of tourists. Whichever hotel you chose, Velingrad is very beautiful and charming city which will not fail your holiday.

Thanks in advance!!!!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Kris, and welcome to the forum. :)

Hi!
I am working on my CAE preparation, and I wrote this review.
Task:
HOTELS NEAR ME
We'd like to know what local people think of different hotels in their area, so we're opening a section written by local people to help visitors to choose the hotel which suits them best.
Send us a review which recommends [Strike]tho[/Strike] two hotels in your area for two different types of visitor and says what sort of visitor each hotel would suit and why.
Review
Velingrad is a peaceful and [Strike]petite[/Strike] quaint town, located at the end of Chepino Valley, part of the Rhodope Mountains. Despite its size, the city these days has become one of the most visited balneological resorts in Bulgaria. A holiday in Velingrad is a great occasion to relax or maybe explore the nature of Bulgaria, [Strike]depends[/Strike] depending on which type of tourist you are.

Situated in the western suburbs of the town, Hotel Arte is an example of what a luxury hotel is. With its perfect service and modern design, Arte is [Strike]the[/Strike] an excellent place for people who like [Strike]the richness[/Strike] luxury and comfort. The hotel is equipped with the latest technologies of spa treatments. The rooms are spacious, and they are cleaned every day. Also, if you are a food lover, then Arte is the best choice for you. The hotel's restaurant [Strike]supplies[/Strike] offers guests [Strike]with[/Strike] healthy and delicious food, which [STRIKE]satisfies[/STRIKE] caters to everyone's needs/taste. [Strike]Although,[/Strike] The main disadvantage of Arte is that it is distant from Velingrad's centre.

[Strike]However, there are[/Strike] On the other hand, for people who do not like spending that much money on their vacation, Aura is a typical three-star hotel that will surpass your expectations. Its swimming pools are [Strike]one of the hottest and most clear[/Strike] among the warmest and cleanest in [Strike]the[/Strike] town. The hotel will suit backpackers and tourists whose aim is to explore the local environment. Aura's [Strike]profit[/Strike] draw card is that it is located in the heart of Velingrad. In addition, the staff are helpful and friendly. Moreover, [Strike]there are[/Strike] the hotel offers organized trips to regional landmarks.

As you can see, these hotels are perfect for two different categories of tourists. Whichever hotel you chose, Velingrad is a very beautiful and charming city which will not disappoint you. [Strike]fail your holiday.[/Strike]

Thanks in advance!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I was about to start this myself before realising that teechar had already done it. I agree with all of teechar's corrections but there are a couple of extra things I would have commented on.

- I don't like "is equipped with the latest technologies of spa treatment". Most people don't associate spa treatments with technology. Can you explain what you mean?
- I'd say "the hotel restaurant" (not the "hotel's restaurant" though that's not wrong.)
- I wouldn't say "... it is distant from Velingrad's centre". I'd say "It's a long way from the centre of Velingrad/centre of the town".
- I'd add "the" or "the Hotel" before "Aura" the first time you mention it.
- I'd say "explore the local area", not "local environment".
- I'd say "main draw" or "main benefit", not "profit". I'm not familiar with teechar's use of "draw card".
- I'd combine the two sentences starting "In addition" and "Moreover" into "In addition, the staff are helpful and friendly, and the hotel offers organised ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.