Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would you please correct the mistakes in this text?

Robert watched Ann on TV talking about her new novel, and he said under his breath, "You're the most bitter woman there. You can win even the Nobel Prize, and you'll still wallow in bitterness." This was her second novel about her broken marriage, and in both he had pictured Robert as controlling and jealous. He shook his head and sneered at her heavily made-up face. Can't you just let it go, instead of digging up more rubbish? he thought. It's not my fault you don't know what love is. I gave you everything. You gave me crumbs. A couple of journalists had called him, asking him if he wanted to say something in his defence, but Robert replied that he had nothing to say. He had decided to ignore her and go on with his life. But she pitied Ann. How can you spend so much time and energy on the past and things you can't change, he thought. Don't you have your self-esteem? Do you want the whole world to see how you suffer? He switched off the TV and went outside for a long stroll.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"You're the most bitter woman out there.

and in both she had [STRIKE]pictured[/STRIKE] depicted Robert as controlling and jealous.

But he pitied Ann. How can you spend so much time and energy on the past and on things you can't change,

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You could even win the Nobel Prize, and you'd still....

Status
Not open for further replies.