She hang my phone up while I was trying to....

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Today I got a call from an insurance sales who tried to sell the car insurance to me. My old one expired yesterday. When she was talking to me, introduing the details, I told her I already bought the insurance. Then she said "I took a look at your insurance status just now and found that you haven't bought any new insurance yet". I felt a bit annoyed because it was my right to choose company A instead of this person's. Then she kept talking about persuading me to buy hers but she spoke very fast and that irriated me again. I said "If you speak so fast, I'll hang my phone up (I'll stop talking to you by turning the "end conversation" sign on my phone". Then this woman surprised me again by hang my phone up. I actually was trying to ask her some questions about the insurance so I wished she could slow down. She didn't. She also hanged my phone up.

Later I reported this to her manager and said "I was trying to ask her a few questions about the insurance but she hang my phone up".

Is the italic sentence natural?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
No—‘but she hung up’.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
No—‘but she hung up’.
I was trying to ask her a few questions about the insurance but she hang up.

Is this version natural?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Today I got a call from an insurance salesperson who tried to sell me the car insurance to me. My old one expired yesterday. When she was talking to me, introducing the details, I told her I had already bought the insurance. Then she said "I took a look at your insurance status just now and found that you haven't bought any new insurance yet". I felt a bit annoyed because it was my right to choose company A instead of this person's. Then she kept ]talking about persuading trying to persuade me to buy hers but she spoke very fast and that irritated me again. I said "If you speak so fast, I'll hang my up on you phone up (I'll stop talking to you by turning the "end conversation" sign on my phone". Then this woman surprised me again by hanging my phone up. I actually was trying to ask her some questions about the insurance so I wished she could slow down. She didn't. She also hanged my phone up hung up on me.

Later I reported this to her manager and said "I was trying to ask her a few questions about the insurance but she hang my phone up hung up on me".