Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Please check to see if there are grammar errors in these sentences.

I am sorry I am not able to join you and group for dinner next Friday. I have diabetes and working part time, with small budget, so I have decided not to go to restaurants more than two times a month. A lot of food at restaurants are not good for my medical condition.

I am sorry I am not able to join you and [1] group for dinner next Friday. I have diabetes, working part time and with limited disposable income, [STRIKE]small budget,[/STRIKE] so I have decided not to go to restaurants more than two times a month. Also, a lot of the food [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] served in restaurants [STRIKE]are not good[/STRIKE] is not suitable for my medical condition.

[1]: Here, you need to insert something like "the", "the rest of" or "your".

Yes, indeed. It's amazing how sometimes words appear in one's mind instead of on the screen.

Try:

I have diabetes. I have a limited income, and I don't go out much because I don't have much money to spare.

You can have diabetes and still eat at restaurants. You just have to know what you can eat.

How about on a tight budget?

I'd say "more than twice a month". Generally, "twice" is more natural than "two times" (when you're not talking about multiplication).

Try:

I have diabetes, work part time and have a limited income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back