Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
An IELTS questions asked to talk about a book and said that I started reading because I was depressed because I injured myself at the gym and the doctor told me that I'd not be able to work out for six months. Since I didn't tell her why not being able to go to the gym was depressing for me I started the next sentence this way:

Just so you know, I'm a bit of a health conscious person. I go to the gym every single day except on weekends. It's one of my favorite things to do. So you can imagine how depressed I was.

I'm not sure if they sound natural in my sentence. Please let me know whether they do.

An IELTS examiner asked me to talk about a book, and I said that I started reading because I was depressed because I had injured myself at the gym and the doctor told me that I'd not be able to work out for six months. Since I didn't tell her why not being able to go to the gym was depressing for me I started the next sentence this way:

Just so you know, I'm a bit of a health conscious person. I go to the gym every single day except on weekends. It's one of my favorite things to do. So you can imagine how depressed I was.

I'm not sure if they sound natural in my sentence. Please let me know whether they do.

I think they fit.

:up:

I think "I go to the gym every single day except on weekends" is a bit odd. Five days out of seven isn't close to "every single day". Say "I go to the gym every weekday".

Thank you for the information. I didn't know this.
In the speaking part, you need to strike a balance when it comes to formality. Don't be too casual, but also avoid being too formal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back