Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Is the fact that if you are speaking English while sleeping, shows that your English is going to be improved is considered to be correct?
One of my teachers told us that whenever you speak English while sleeping, you can be sure that your English is really improving.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is the [STRIKE]fact[/STRIKE] idea/belief that [STRIKE]if you are[/STRIKE] speaking English while sleeping [STRIKE]shows[/STRIKE] is evidence that your English is [STRIKE]going to be improved[/STRIKE] improving [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] considered to be correct?
One of my teachers told us that whenever you speak English while sleeping, you can be sure that your English is really improving.

See above.

I have certainly heard the idea before, though usually in reference to dreaming, not sleeping. When you start dreaming in the foreign language, it's evidence that you are starting to think in that language and are therefore heading for true fluency.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I
However, if you don't dream in a second language, it doesn't mean that you are not getting fluent.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]Is the fact that if you are[/STRIKE] Does speaking English while sleeping show that your English is improving? [STRIKE]going to be improved is considered to be correct?[/STRIKE]
I'm sure emsr2d2 meant to use "evidence" instead of "is evidence" in the above edit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.