Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Could you please correct my speech scripts? I'd appreciate that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! My name is ○○○. I’m the executive officer of Section one of ○○○ Division. It’s with a great honor to have the opportunity to address you. The subject of my presentation is personal business. My aim is to let you know more about my business contents. My speech will be divides into three parts. They are the establishment of ○○○ training center, ○○○ Handling Liability Insurance Regulation, and current progress and future work. The speech will take about five minutes. If you have any questions, there will be time for discussion at the end.

First, I’d like to talk about the establishment of ○○○ training center. This work is implemented according to the social development plan approved by ○○○. The duration of the plan is from 2018 to 2020. The budget for the plan is ○○○ dollars. There are four main action items. First item is turnkey construction, including toxic disaster training hall, equipment dispatch center, water pollution control training field. Second item is training simulation facilities, including petrochemical plant, high-tech factory, chemicals loading/unloading. Third item is training equipment and consumables, including detection, protection, sealing equipment. Fourth item is interior decoration, including air conditioning, office furniture, audiovisual equipment. The toxic disaster training center in central district, covering an area of approximately 2 hectares, will be located at ○○○ in ○○○County. It is expected to provide training for about 3,000 responders from ○○○ handlers, mutual aid groups, and domestic and foreign governments every year after establishment.

Second, let’s move on to the amendment of ○○○ Handling Liability Insurance Regulation. This regulation is formulated according to article 36 of ○○○ Act, including source of law, insured, insurance coverage, deductible, premium, minimum insured amount, document preservation and so on. There are four main amendment highlights. First is the title is amended to “○○○” to emphasize third party liability and prevent the public from misunderstandings of inclusion of environmental or other liabilities. Second is involving the insurance requirement of ○○○ substances according to the amendment of enabling statute. Third is the adjustment of insurance standards. Considering the feasibility of site inspection and according to the texts of “○○○ Regulation,” “○○○” is amended to “○○○,” and “○○○” is amended to “○○○.” Fourth is the adjustment of minimum insured amount. Except ○○○ substances remain existing amount, others refer to minimum insured amount of “ ○○○ Regulation.”

Next, Current Progress and Future Work. As for ○○○ Training Center. We entrusted turnkey construction with ○○○ Agency because it’s a professional work. However, there was no tender and the opening of tenders couldn’t be proceeded 4 times from May 2018 to January 2019 due to lack of labors, unstable weather conditions, and increase in construction cost. After reviewing by ○○○ Agency, it has been published again in June 2019 and is scheduled be finished in 2022. And the procurement of detection, protection, sealing equipment was awarded of contract in April 2019 and will be completion of inspection and acceptance in November. The procurement of training simulation facilities of petrochemical plant was awarded of contract in July 2019 and is scheduled to be finished installing in September 2020. Other items will be implemented according to turnkey construction progress and scheduled be finished in 2022.

Finally, as for ○○○ Handling Liability Insurance Regulation. It’s been through internal discussion twice, team meeting twice, and consultation meeting twice since 2018. We gave a presentation to ○○○ about the amendment on April 25, 2019 and to ○○○ about that on June 20. And we are scheduled to give a presentation to ○○○ in July. The amendment is scheduled to submitted to the management meeting and be promulgated in October.

The above is my personal business presentation. Thank you for your attention! If you have any questions, I would be happy to take them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
When are you giving that speech?

John

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Maybe 3 months later.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I responded to your other thread. Apparently, you didn't like what I said.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

It's a great honor to have the opportunity to address you.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Will your audience know the meaning of "business contents"?

Say:

My speech will be divided into three parts.

Or:

My speech will be in three parts.

John

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
about "business contents"
---
I mean "the works I am responsible for".
But I don't know how to express it appropriately.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Perhaps "my responsibilities [within the business/company]".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
About "business contents"
---
I mean "the projects I am responsible for".
But I don't know how to express it appropriately.

My suggestions.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
When most people in my country think about personal business they are not thinking about the company they work for. (Maybe it's different there.)

Also, try:

dealing with insurance liability regulations

(Every time I see that the same thought comes to mind.)

Status
Not open for further replies.