Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Mr. Johnson and friends, have you ever had a friend that's so close that you don't consider her as a friend anymore but your sister ?. Well, that's what Lexi is to me. Lexi and I met in 5th grade and we have been best friends ever since but know she's leaving and although we will still be best of friends I wanted to tell her how much she means to not only me but to all of us.
She is leaving us because she has finally gotten accepted in the school of her dreams. Although it is overseas we want you to know how much we will miss you. You have not only been there for me but for almost the whole school. I wish you didn't have to leave but just like how you don’t forget the tune when a song fades out and stops playing, I will never forget the priceless memories of our friendship, even though you are going away. I hope you enjoy your self.

Hi, can anyone help me every time I reach this far I don't know what to say. I'm supposed to write a goodbye speech for my best friend

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Kate1255, and welcome to the forum. :)
Who gave you that task, and when is it due?
Note the difference between "now" and "know". Also in the second paragraph, you need to mention your friend's name if you're going to address her. For example, "Lexi, you have not only been there for me..."

kate1255

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello Kate1255, and welcome to the forum. :)
Who gave you that task, and when is it due?
Note the difference between "now" and "know". Also in the second paragraph, you need to mention your friend's name if you're going to address her. For example, "Lexi, you have not only been there for me..."

my class teacher and it's due in one week. thank you so much, I have redone the whole thing can you plz check it for me

Mr. Jahnson and friends, have you ever had a friend that's so close to you that you don't consider them a friend anymore but a sister? Well, that is what Lexi is to me, a sister. In fact, Lexi and I met on my first day in kindergarten. I was crying when my mom left me and she tried to cheer me up telling me she would be back later in the day and we have been best friends ever since and she has been there for me through my ups and downs, but the thing is Lexi, you have not only been there for me but for almost the whole school. And we are all thank full for that.

We are all here today to say our farewell to Lexi who is leaving. She has been accepted in her dream school which sadly is overseas. Just like how you don't forget the tune when a song fades out and stops playing, I will never forget the priceless memories of our friendship. I am so proud of you but as selfish as this might seem I wish you didn't have to leave.

Our friendship is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Taking to you made me smile, it made everyone smile. I can't believe that fate is taking you away and ripping us apart. We just wanted to say that we will all miss you and we all love you from the bottom of our hearts. I never knew that saying just one word could make someone feel so blue until I said goodbye to you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My class teacher gave it to me and it's due in one week. Thank you so much. I have redone the whole thing. Can you [STRIKE]plz[/STRIKE] please check it for me?

Please note my corrections above.

No, we can't check it or give you any help. The forum rules are clear - we do not help with homework assignments. You must write it yourself, without any help, so that your teacher can see where you need help. After you get your grade/mark and your teacher has commented on it, you can come back to us if any of your teacher's corrections are unclear.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.