Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of content writing and I'm looking for advice and guidance on how to get started. Specifically, I'm interested in learning about how much beginners are typically paid as writers, as well as what steps I can take to increase my earnings over time.

If you have any insights or information on how much beginners are paid per article, per word, or per hour, I would be grateful to hear from you. Additionally, any advice on how to find work, how to create a strong portfolio, and how to market me effectively would be greatly appreciated.

I'm eager to learn and grow in this field, so any tips or resources you can share would be incredibly helpful. Thank you in advance for your help and support!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

If any of our members are content writers, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hi David

What kind of content are you talking about? For whom?

Reactions: 5jj

David_smith

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm talking about blog posts, articles, and website content.

Faij mahar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As a beginner in content writing, you can expect to earn around $0.01 to $0.10 per word or $15 to $50 per hour, depending on your skills and the client's budget. To increase your earnings, follow these tips:
  1. Improve your writing skills: Take online courses, attend workshops, and read extensively to hone your writing abilities.
  2. Build a portfolio: Create a website or blog showcasing your best work, including a variety of writing styles and subjects.
  3. Network: Join writing communities, forums, and social media groups to connect with other writers and potential clients.
  4. Specialize in a niche: Develop expertise in a specific industry or subject matter, as specialized writers can charge higher rates.
  5. Freelance platforms: Sign up on platforms like Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr to find clients and build your reputation. I'm hoping this works, and you can use Google to obtain information on this.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
how to market myself

Faij mahar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of content writing and I'm looking for advice and guidance on how to get started. Specifically, I'm interested in learning about how much beginners are typically paid as writers, as well as what steps I can take to increase my earnings over time.

If you have any insights or information on how much beginners are paid per article, per word, or per hour, I would be grateful to hear from you. Additionally, any advice on how to find work, how to create a strong portfolio, and how to market me effectively would be greatly appreciated.

I'm eager to learn and grow in this field, so any tips or resources you can share would be incredibly helpful. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
If you are feeling uncertain or confused about this, you can try searching on Google as there is a vast amount of information available. This might help you.
https://sturdybusiness.com/get-hired-as-a-freelance-writer/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.