Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Alex Le Domas says to his future wife Grace about his brother Daniel view on his marriage:

Alex Le: You know, Daniel's right. We could just... leave.
Grace: Oh, sure, yeah. "Thanks for the presents. Go f*ck yourselves."
Alex Le: No. I'm serious, I'm serious, honey.

What "presents" is Grace referring to?
Does it refer to the collective windfall they've gotten from the family?

Source: Ready or Not (a 2019 American action horror black comedy film directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett)

I have moved your thread to the General Language Discussions forum as questions of this sort are of little interest to our general student/learner membership.

Please post them here yourself in future.

Without watching the film, it's impossible for us to know. We all know the general definition of the noun "present" but without the full context, we don't know what presents they're referring to. Are you aware that Grace's line is sarcastic?

Alex Le Domas speaks to his future wife Grace about his brother Danie'sl views on his marriage:

Alex Le: You know, Daniel's right. We could just... leave.
Grace: Oh, sure, yeah. "Thanks for the presents. Go f*ck yourselves."
Alex Le: No. I'm serious, I'm serious, honey.

What "presents" is Grace referring to?
Does it refer to the collective windfall they've gotten from the family?

Source: Ready or Not (a 2019 American action horror black comedy film directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett)

I'm thinking they might be at the wedding reception. (Everybody leaves eventually.) But "future wife" tells me they're not married yet. So I'm a bit confused.
:-?

It sounds like future wedding presents to me, but, as others have said, we're short on context. Can you link to the scene?

It sounds like future wedding presents to me, but, as others have said, we're short on context. Can you link to the scene?

You need to download the movie.

You need to download the movie.

That's not something anyone here is likely to do (and I trust you weren't suggesting that anyone download it illegally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back