The company will have the check revoked and issued a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Actually, to me it does. Either I do it myself or I have it done by someone.

When I say "it does not discount you yourself doing it", I mean to include both the possibilties you have stated.

When I say "it does not discount you yourself doing it", I mean to include both the possibilties you have stated.
Yes, I know. I got that.

If I say "I'll have it done," I mean I'll have someone else do it.

If I say, "I'll have it done by Friday," I mean I'll do it myself.

If I say "I'll get it done," I mean I'll do it myself.

If I say, "I'll make sure it gets done," it means I'll do it or have someone else do it.

If I say "I'll have it done," I mean I'll have someone else do it.

If I say, "I'll have it done by Friday," I mean I'll do it myself.
I don't think it's that clear-cut. Depending on context, both could mean that you will have someone do it, and both could mean that you will do it yourself.

I don't think it's that clear-cut. Depending on context, both could mean that you will have someone do it, and both could mean that you will do it yourself.

It can mean the both. I was thinking the same. It depends on the context.

It can mean either one. I was thinking the same. It depends on [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] context.

I don't think you're quite there yet (deciding if somebody else or right or not).

You know, you're right. When I said "I'll have it done by Friday," I meant it in the sense of "I'll be finished," "I'll be done." But it could be taken the other way, too. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back