Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The finishes of the terry towels supplied seem to be very coarse texture and not the same as the ones supplied earlier for the spa area.
Since they have mentioned the same details (GSM) for both areas, they should have been supplied in same terry finish like soft and plush terry towels supplied earlier for the spa area.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
What is your question, PRD2921?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
While we wait to find out what your question is, @PRD2021, please note that I have improved your thread title. A single word isn't enough. Give us complete phrases or sentences you want us to read.

PRD2021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What is your question, PRD2921?
Sorry I forgot to mention the question.

Please tell me are the above sentences grammatically correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The finishes of the terry towels supplied seem to be very coarse texture and not the same as unlike the ones supplied earlier previously for the spa area.
Since they have mentioned the same details (GSM) for both areas, they should have been supplied in same terry finish like soft and plush terry towels supplied earlier for the spa area.
The second paragraph is very repetitive and doesn't add anything useful to the information in the first paragraph. Also, who are "they" in "they have mentioned" and what does "GSM" mean?

PRD2021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The second paragraph is very repetitive and doesn't add anything useful to the information in the first paragraph. Also, who are "they" in "they have mentioned" and what does "GSM" mean?
GSM stands for weight in grams per square meter. "they" are supplier. I have reworded the second sentence as follows.

As per the quotaion provided, the towels should have been supplied in 700 GSM, but they were supplied in very coarse, not soft and plush finish as specified.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
GSM stands for weight in grams per square meter, and "they" are the supplier. I have reworded the second sentence as follows.

As per the quotation provided, the towels should have been supplied in 700 GSM, but they were supplied in a very coarse, not soft and plush finish as specified.
OK.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Simpler still:

The towels supplied are very coarse and not 720 gsm as specified (in the quotation) which is soft and plush.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.