Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Does "Trump presser" mean "Trump conference"?

And "another beauty" is the euphemism of "another b*h"?

=--------------------
[FONT=&quot]First of all, I congratulate the BBC reporter at the Trump presser who simply said “thank you” when Trump sneered [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“BBC News, that's another beauty”… [/FONT][FONT=&quot]anyhow, BBC is saying there are multiple sources claiming Trump is compromised with these sex tapes and business deals (attempted bribery?). And of course, with such compromising intel on Trump, Trump is likely getting blackmailed by the Russians and then went all in with collaborating with them on the hacking, at least with the [/FONT]leaks

Source

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would assume that "presser" is journalistic jargon for "press conference".
By sneeringly saying "That's another beauty", Trump was indicating that he thought very little of the question he had just been asked (whatever that was).

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would assume that "presser" is journalistic jargon for "press conference".
By sneeringly saying "That's another beauty", Trump was indicating that he thought very little of the question he had just been asked (whatever that was).

Or perhaps another media organization he has a low opinion of. We all know how he feels that the New York Times, Washington Post, and CNN are "overrated" and have been "very unfair" to him. So he may feel that way about the BBC as a whole if the reporter had not yet asked a question.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sometimes you'll hear 'that's a beauty' meaning that's a good joke, but frequently used sarcastically. I would take it to mean that he was saying that the idea of BBC News (as a whole) was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.