Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
In a room, Col Eric Byer and his team presented with a box full of files. Zev Vendel drawn to Bourne's files:

Eric Byer: And Bourne... I don't care if they bag him and drop the body on the sidewalk. We're not going to touch it. You're going to turn off that side of your head now and get with the rest of us here. And you're going to start to consider the magnitude of what we're facing if this moves sideways on us.

What does "this" refer to?
Source: The Bourne Legacy (a 2012 American action-thriller film directed by Tony Gilroy)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In a room, Col. Eric Byer and his team are presented with a box full of files. Zev Vendel is drawn to Bourne's files:

Eric Byer: And Bourne... I don't care if they bag him and drop the body on the sidewalk. We're not going to touch it. You're going to turn off that side of your head now and get with the rest of us here. And you're going to start to consider the magnitude of what we're facing if this moves sideways on us.

What does "this" refer to?
Source: The Bourne Legacy (a 2012 American action-thriller film directed by Tony Gilroy)

I'm pretty sure it refers to something they've been discussing previously. What that is I can't say. I'd have to see what came before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If this problem moves sideways, we're in trouble.

It the situation gets out of hand, it wll become a serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.