[Vocabulary] What is the meaning of these sentences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elka021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi guys. Hope you are doing great. I have some questions about the meaning of the sentences below and I'm sorry if I ask a lot.

1.A man is introducing his partners in the Army and he said: "Lance, on the forward .50s,was a famous surfer."
(I don't understand the meaning of bold part. Does it mean "Group 50 or something" ? )

2.Some people were talking about music and these things then a man said: "I use Wagner, Scares the hell out of the slopes. My boys love it."
(I don't understand the meaning of bold part. Does it mean "Wagner's music is awesome?")

3.Middle of the battlefield, while choppers are fighting, the pilot said:"We gotta get some air in these trees.It's goddamn eat up with enemy down there."
(I don't understand the meaning of bold part. Does it mean "There are full of enemies?")

4.A man wanted to tell a story or something and started with this sentence: "I mean, he never was hurting for pu**y."
(I don't understand the meaning of bold part.)

5.A tiger attacked and the crew of a ship thought it's the enemy and the chief said: "Battle stations. Lance, up front!On the .60, Clean!"

6.A man was talking to him self and said: "Never get out of the boat Unless you were going all the way."
(I don't get the meaning of bold part.)

7.A man was talking to himself and said: "No wonder Kurtz put a weed up Command's a*s."
(Kurts is the name of a colonel and the Army want him dead)

8.These were played in a radio: "And now, here's another blast from the past going out to big Sam who's all alone out with the First Battalion, 35th Infantry there and dedicated by the fire team at An Khe to their groovy CO The Rolling Stones, Satisfaction."

9.While the crew were dancing the chief said: "I see you is right on target."

10. When the ship is moving, the crew heard something and one of them said: "Chicken time. You ain't sh*tting,bro. They're motherf*cking"

I am really sorry if I asked a lot but I really need your help.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
One question per thread.

Where are you reading these? Many of them are quite vulgar.

Patrol Boat, River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A "forward .50" is the front .50 caliber guns on a US Navy boat used in Vietnam. (The caliber is the diameter of the gun's barrel in inches. This would be 0.5 inches.)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
4.A man wanted to tell a story or something and started with this sentence: "I mean, he never was hurting for pu**y."

7.A man was talking to himself and said: "No wonder Kurtz put a weed up Command's a*s."
(Kurts is the name of a colonel and the Army want him dead)

10. When the ship is moving, the crew heard something and one of them said: "Chicken time. You ain't sh*tting,bro. They're motherf*cking"

I am really sorry if I asked a lot but I really need your help.
Thank you in advance.

As SoothingDave has told you, please post one question per thread. When you post the threads for the questions shown above, please copy the way I have edited your swear words. You need to put at least one asterisk in any swear word.

elka021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you.

I'm sorry, I didn't know the rule of posting. Deeply sorry.
These are from the movie called "Apocalypse Now" that won 2 Oscars.
So, I'm supposed to post 9 threads now, Am I right?

Appreciate it.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Yes.

Many of us are happy to deal with one question, but we are deterred by a battery of questions.

There is also the point that if some people respond to some questions and other people respond to other questions, a multi-question thread can become hopelessly confused and confusing.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

Yes, but be prepared to wait for answers. We have other people who are in need of help besides you.

Additionally, give each question a title which includes words you are asking about, such as 'Scares the hell out of the slopes' for #2, 'It's goddam eat up with enemy' for #3 and 'I see you is right on target' for #9.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.