Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I want to talk about a situation when my wife doesn't want to be hugged. Can I use "wiggle slightly"

Is this okay?

She was a bit upset with me because I'd forgotten to water her plants. I hugged her from behind. She wriggled slightly, trying to break free.

Is there a better way to express the idea? I don't want to imply she was so mad with me. She was just slightly upset.

Last edited:
I want to talk about a situation when my wife doesn't want to be hugged. Can I use "wiggle slightly"? Is this okay?

She was a bit upset with me because I'd forgotten to water her plants. I hugged her from behind. She wriggled slightly, trying to break free.

Is there a better way to express the idea? I don't want to imply she was so mad with me. She was just slightly upset.

Did you mean "wiggle" or "wriggle"? You used both. I've underlined them above. Note my other corrections above.

Did you mean "wiggle" or "wriggle"? You used both. I've underlined them above. Note my other corrections above.
I meant "wriggle". Is there a better way to express the idea? I feel like "wriggle" would imply that she is very upset and she is struggling to break free from the hug.

I'd probably say something like "She wriggled out of my embrace". It doesn't suggest that she's really angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back