Where can I find (the?) pick up / pick-up time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwroc

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
(I am the last day in a hotel and my travel agency sent staff of the hotel the information about time of my transfer to the airport.)

I wonder how I should write the sentence below correctly if I would like to ask a receptionist. :oops:

Excuse me, where can I find (the?) pick up time?
Excuse me, where can I find (the?) pick-up time? <--- here is "dash"

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
(I am on my last day in a hotel, and my travel agency sent staff of the hotel the information about when I need to leave for the airport.)

I wonder how I should write the sentence above correctly if I would like to ask a desk clerk. :oops:
Say: "Has my travel agent contacted you about when I'm getting picked up for the airport?"

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you know that the travel agency has sent the information, you don't need to check whether they have or not. Your question structure is OK but I wouldn't use "Where can I find ...?" because you already know they've sent it to the hotel. Just use "Excuse me. What time does my airport transfer leave?" You would only need a follow-up question if the answer to your question is "I don't know". Then you could explain that the travel agency told you they would be sending the information to the hotel so you expected them to have it.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The hyphen (not "dash") is required when pick-up is an adjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.