... who just listens to a section and then fast-forwards to the next song.

ghoul

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
"fast-forward"

Can "fast-forwarding" be used synonymously with "skipping" in regards to a song? I've seen some forum posts that stated it can be, albeit for stories. The dictionary entries I saw for it don't specifically state that it can be but I still felt like it would work. Besides, some keyboards and even Youtube have the fast-forward button do a sudden skip rather than a gradual fast-forwarding. What do you think?
An example sentence would be: "I'm the type of guy who just listens to a section and then fast-forwards to the next song."

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"fast-forward"

I've seen some forum posts that stated say it can be used for stories. The dictionary entries I saw for it don't specifically state that it can be, but I still felt like it would work. Besides, some keyboards and even Youtube have the fast-forward button that does a sudden skip rather than a gradual fast-forwarding. What do you think?
An example sentence would be no colon here "I'm the type of guy who just listens to a section and then fast-forwards to the next song."
I would say that "fast-forward" is associated with music and video more than anything else. When I was a child, we still used cassette players for music and fast-forwarding was a common requirement when I was bored with the song I was listening to.

ghoul

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Last edited: