Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
This is a mock situation for various questions.

* I'd like to give you a situation and ask you to act it out. You've just been told that your current supervisor is leaving the company. Call your supervisor and ask three or four questions about the situation and the possible changes.

Hello, this is Charlie Yun. Recently I heard that your news about leaving the company.
So I want to know something about that. After you leave, will a new supervisor come to replace you?
(After hearing the answer) Are you saying that If a new supervisor doesn’t come, will our team be disbanded or be merged into another team? Is that what you mean?
If not, who will get promoted to be/to a new supervisor internally in our team? Who will be the replacement (replacer)?
====================================

Is the underlined correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is a mock situation for various questions.

* I'd like to give you a situation and ask you to act it out. You've just been told that your current supervisor is leaving the company. Call your supervisor and ask three or four questions about the situation and the possible changes.

Hello, this is Charlie Yun. [STRIKE]Recently[/STRIKE] I just heard that [STRIKE]your news about[/STRIKE] you're leaving the company.

[STRIKE]So I want to know something about that.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]After you leave,[/STRIKE] Will we get a new supervisor? [STRIKE]come to replace you?[/STRIKE]

(After hearing the answer) Are you saying that if there isn't a new supervisor, [STRIKE]doesn’t come,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] our team will be disbanded or [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] merged into another team? Is that what you mean?

If not, who will get promoted [STRIKE]to be/to a new[/STRIKE] to supervisor [STRIKE]internally[/STRIKE] in our team? Who will be the replacement? [STRIKE](replacer)?[/STRIKE]

See above.

I don't see any reason why the supervisor who's leaving would have the answer to any of those questions. He's/She's leaving. It will be up to management what happens after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.