Member Type
Other
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
hi, i would like to give my next music album the title "freaky boundaries".

I am undecided on the word "freaky" because in addition to the meaning of strange, unusual, bizarre, etc .. I have also perceived a negative meaning, in particular when associated as an adjective to people. Do you think the adjective "FREAKY" associated with "BOUNDARIES" could be perceived with a negative meaning or is the meaning odd, strange, unusual, eccentric, etc? thank you !

Hi.

I
would like to give my next music album the title "Freaky Boundaries".

I am undecided on the word "freaky" because, in addition to the meaning of strange, unusual, bizarre, etc, I have also perceived a negative meaning, in particular when associated used as an adjective to associated with people. Do you think the adjective "FREAKY" "freaky" associated with "BOUNDARIES" "boundaries" could be perceived with to have a negative meaning or is the meaning odd, strange, unusual, eccentric, etc?

Thank you! Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any useful response.
Welcome to the forum. :)

Please note my changes above. Remember to capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun) every time you use it. Also, we capitalise the first letter of song/album/book/film titles. There's no need to put whole words you're asking us about in capitals. It's the online equivalent of shouting!

I would say that "freaky" has a generally negative connotation, regardless of what it's being used to describe. There are, I'm sure, some people who would take it as a compliment if it was applied to them but, as a rule, it's intended fairly negatively.

A more important question, for me, is "What on earth is a freaky boundary?"

Since the term 'freak' is often used as slang meaning someone who is especially amorous, adventurous or unusually exploratory with sometimes unusual sexual fantasies, I would be cautious of "Freaky Boundaries" being interpreted as some kind of reference to the limits even people who are "freaks in the sheets" would draw.

See such a reference at the intro of the song, here. Warning: Strongly suggestive lyrics of a sexual nature if you listen to the absolutely hysterical song in a very oddball cameo by Matt Damon. It never gets old. 🤣

If you watch the movie, the song becomes sort of a running gag through the rest of the film.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please note my changes above. Remember to capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun) every time you use it. Also, we capitalise the first letter of song/album/book/film titles. There's no need to put whole words you're asking us about in capitals. It's the online equivalent of shouting!

I would say that "freaky" has a generally negative connotation, regardless of what it's being used to describe. There are, I'm sure, some people who would take it as a compliment if it was applied to them but, as a rule, it's intended fairly negatively.

A more important question, for me, is "What on earth is a freaky boundary?"
Hi, thanks for the tips.

Boundaries can have different meanings: psychological boundaries, social boundaries, state boundaries, etc.

In recent years with the various things that have happened (coivid and quarantines, wars, financial crisis, etc ..) the boundaries probably have different "shapes" or not have “shape”, they are difficult to understand, odd, unusual, etc.. . This is the meaning of the title that I would like to give. Thanks, have a nice day

Hi. Thanks for the tips.

Boundaries can have different meanings: psychological boundaries, social boundaries, state boundaries, etc.

In recent years, with the various things that have happened (coivid COVID, and quarantines, wars, financial crisis, etc) the boundaries probably have different "shapes" or not don't have “shape”, they are difficult to understand, odd, unusual, etc. This is the meaning of the title that I would like to give use. Thanks. Have a nice day.
Note my corrections above.

Yes, we know that a boundary can have different meanings. I want to know which definition you are using for your album title. Given that you are now saying you see those boundaries as having different/no shapes, I don't think "freaky" fits at all. Something like "warped" might be what you're looking for.

By the way, I removed the quote box containing the Italian translation of my post 2 from your post 4. It will help your English a lot if you try not to translate what you read into Italian but try to understand it in English. If you do translate a post again, remember to convert it back into English before quoting it.

Note my corrections above.

Yes, we know that a boundary can have different meanings. I want to know which definition you are using for your album title. Given that you are now saying you see those boundaries as having different/no shapes, I don't think "freaky" fits at all. Something like "warped" might be what you're looking for.

By the way, I removed the quote box containing the Italian translation of my post 2 from your post 4. It will help your English a lot if you try not to translate what you read into Italian but try to understand it in English. If you do translate a post again, remember to convert it back into English before quoting it.
I am not referring to a specific boundary; many types of boundaries are or are changing and we can describe them with various adjectives: unusual, strange, eccentric, bizarre, sometimes monstrous, incomprehensible, ect ... For example in the context of psychology, boundaries are a conceptual limit between you and the other person and in recent years being alone has changed these boundaries. I could give many examples to the various meanings that we can give to the boundaries.

I also like Freaky because it sounds good and the word "freak" is also reminiscent of a generation of extravagant and unconventional young people.

If you're looking to create meaning by pairing the words freaky and boundaries, I don't think you'll be very successful. It's largely nonsense, I think. If you're going for a surreal, psychedelic feel, it might work. If you're going for a sexual meaning, it might work too, but I'd say these connotations would come largely from the artwork of the poster or album cover that the title is written on.

Don't worry—it doesn't really carry a negative connotation, at least not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back