ESL materials development job opportunities?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funelteacher

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Hello:)

I'd like to make the transition from teaching to ESL materials development. I don't really like the idea of sending unsolicited proposals to major publishers though, as they usually have a publishing plan for the long run. However, I don't know where to start:)
May I ask you for a little help here?:) How does it work? I'd be really grateful if you shared your experience you might have gained in this field.

Thank You!

If you want to make it a paying transition, it's those publishers that have the sales to make it profitable. Obviously, there are some making it independently, but I don't think there are that many.

Hello:)

I'd like to make the transition from teaching to ESL materials development. I don't really like the idea of sending unsolicited proposals to major publishers though, as they usually have a publishing plan for the long run. However, I don't know where to start:)
May I ask you for a little help here?:) How does it work? I'd be really grateful if you shared your experience you might have gained in this field.

Thank You!

This article might give you some ideas.

https://www.usingenglish.com/articles/career-paths-in-elt-publishing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back