English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
England
Hello,
I am currently doing research for my masters degree and was wondering if any esl teachers could spare a few minutes to answer this survey? The survey is about sexism in the English language.

"This survey has been made as part of my Masters degree or the MA English Language Teaching at London Metropolitan University.
The data will be used to collect data on the thoughts and beliefs English teachers have on sexism, and how sexism is approached and challenged in the classroom. The survey will approximately 10 minutes.
For any questions, feel free to send me and email at jodie.taylor.96@outlook.com
All data will be anonymised."

Thank you
🙂

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I tried to complete your questionnaire but although I entered my valid email address NotQuotedHereInPublic@gmail.com I received an error message that the field must be completed. If you can fix that I will try again.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've completed it. I'm not sure how much help my responses will have been because I don't teach in a group classroom setting, just a few one-to-one students.
You need to fix a typo - you've got "Fist question" instead of "First question".

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I tried again but my email is still rejected.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When I clicked on the link, it automatically entered my gmail address that's linked to Chrome, which is the browser I'm using. @cookiiiecrumble, is there a chance that the software you used doesn't recognise certain email suffixes? I've had that problem before, usually with Hotmail addresses.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Survey completed.

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
England
I've completed it. I'm not sure how much help my responses will have been because I don't teach in a group classroom setting, just a few one-to-one students.
You need to fix a typo - you've got "Fist question" instead of "First question".
Thank you for the feedback, I didn't realize! And that's not problem at all I really appreciate you taking the time to complete it!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you so much. :)
As an English teacher, it's important that you demonstrate correctly-written English at all times on the forum. Remember to start every sentence with a capital letter and remember that an emoji is not a suitable replacement for a closing punctuation mark.

Thank you for the feedback; I didn't realize! And that's not a problem at all. I really appreciate you taking the time to complete it!
Again, correct punctuation is important. Also, I see from your profile that you're a native British English speaker. As such, can I ask why you used the American English spelling of "realise"?

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
England
As an English teacher, it's important that you demonstrate correctly-written English at all times on the forum. Remember to start every sentence with a capital letter and remember that an emoji is not a suitable replacement for a closing punctuation mark.

Again, correct punctuation is important. Also, I see from your profile that you're a native British English speaker. As such, can I ask why you used the American English spelling of "realise"?
Just a spelling mistake, sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.