Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please can somebody tell me [STRIKE]wich[/STRIKE] what [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] the [STRIKE]different[/STRIKE] differences are between them? :roll:

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

This is some of the most basic information in any language. Do you understand the difference between them in Spanish? The differences are the same in English.

Please note my corrections above, marked in red. Be careful with your spelling. Remember to start every sentence with a capital letter and to end every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark. The rules are the same in Spanish.

Note that you misspelt "adjective" in your title.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Mr. Centeno:

I wish to congratulate you on wanting to understand and to identify those three parts of speech.

I have made up a sentence. The boldface words are nouns; the CAPITALIZED words are adjectives; the underlined words are adverbs.

"Eduard is A very GOOD student who studies extremely diligently."

"a" is an adjective (newer books use the term "determiner").
"very" is an adverb that describes how "good."
"good" is an adjective that describes the noun "student."
"extremely" is an adverb that tells you the degree of "diligently," which is also an adverb that describes HOW Eduard (a noun) studies.

What kind of student is Eduard? A very good student.
How does he study? Extremely diligently.

You may wish to copy a sentence (from a newspaper or book, for example) and identify all the nouns, adjectives, and adverbs. If you post it in the "diagramming" forum, some members will be delighted to check your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.