Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all,

I am sending an email to my prospective employer to change my title to be consultant as discussed.

I am worried to show that what I am writing is rude or trivial. I am suggesting to write the below options. Please let me know which one works better? If any of them works better, please suggest what will best fit in this context.

"1- As for the job title, it will be my pleasure to change it from "advisor" to " consultant" especially since it is perceived to be more leading than advisor."

"2- As for the job title, it will be my pleasure to change it from "advisor" to " consultant" especially since it is perceived to be more wider than advisor."

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi all,

I am sending an email to my prospective employer to change my title to be consultant as discussed.

I am worried [STRIKE]to show[/STRIKE] that what I am writing is rude or picky. I am considering [STRIKE]to write[/STRIKE] the below options. Please let me know which one works better. If neither works [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE], please suggest what will best fit in this context.

[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]1- As for the job title, I would like to change it [STRIKE]from "advisor" [/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]consultant[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]especially[/STRIKE] since it is [STRIKE]perceived to be[/STRIKE] more senior than advisor."
[STRIKE]
"2- As for the job title, it will be my pleasure to change it from "advisor" to " consultant" especially since it is perceived to be more wider than advisor."
[/STRIKE]
Get rid of all the quotation marks. Use them when you're quoting someone.

Your "more leading" and "more wider" make no sense.

I would not discuss the job title. I would discuss pay, benefits, and job description. Those are what matter. The job title does not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.