Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all,

I am sending an email to my prospective employer to change my title to be consultant as discussed.

I am worried to show that what I am writing is rude or trivial. I am suggesting to write the below options. Please let me know which one works better? If any of them works better, please suggest what will best fit in this context.

"1- As for the job title, it will be my pleasure to change it from "advisor" to " consultant" especially since it is perceived to be more leading than advisor."

"2- As for the job title, it will be my pleasure to change it from "advisor" to " consultant" especially since it is perceived to be more wider than advisor."

Hi all,

I am sending an email to my prospective employer to change my title to be consultant as discussed.

I am worried [STRIKE]to show[/STRIKE] that what I am writing is rude or picky. I am considering [STRIKE]to write[/STRIKE] the below options. Please let me know which one works better. If neither works [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE], please suggest what will best fit in this context.

[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]1- As for the job title, I would like to change it [STRIKE]from "advisor" [/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]consultant[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]especially[/STRIKE] since it is [STRIKE]perceived to be[/STRIKE] more senior than advisor."
[STRIKE]
"2- As for the job title, it will be my pleasure to change it from "advisor" to " consultant" especially since it is perceived to be more wider than advisor."
[/STRIKE]
Get rid of all the quotation marks. Use them when you're quoting someone.

Your "more leading" and "more wider" make no sense.

I would not discuss the job title. I would discuss pay, benefits, and job description. Those are what matter. The job title does not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back