Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
But that has absolutely nothing to do with the use of city parkland!

Not all essay questions ask you to write a balanced response. It's only when the questions says something like "discuss both sides" that you have to do that. For the essay question above, you are asked "to what extent do you agree", which means you need to agree, disagree, or partially agree.

Thank you. @teechar

if I was asked to write an opinion essay, I would find it easy for me to write a balanced response in which I can write a 250 word essay. Taking a position can be a bit difficult to write four or five arguments supporting one position. I feel somehow I am running out of ideas and words.

For now. I disagree with the statement below. I would rather take preserving public parks position over using them for residential areas.

Although many people value their public parks, this space could be better used for other purposes such as residential areas for the ever growing population or to develop business and boost economies.

My major problems are the organization of the paragraph and writing better introduction and thesis statement since you mentioned that the essay I wrote was not clear.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you. @teechar

If I was asked to write an opinion essay, I would find it easy for me to write a balanced response in which I can write a 250 word essay.
Yes, that is understandable. Often, a balanced essay is easier to put together.
Taking a position can be a bit difficult to write four or five arguments supporting one position. I feel somehow I am running out of ideas and words.
But sometimes the choice is so clear that it is not difficult to come up with ideas and examples.
For now. I disagree with the statement below. I would rather take support preserving public parks position over and not using them for residential areas.
That makes sense, simply because you have more points to support this position.
My major problems are the organization of the paragraph and writing better introduction and thesis statement since you mentioned that the essay I wrote was not clear.
Take a look at my replies in the links below.

For now, let's start with the body paragraphs. For example, you can write one about the environmental benefits of city parks, and another about their benefits to individual people. Here are the topic sentences:

Preserving urban parkland is crucial to the environment of any city.

Moreover, city parks offer individual people several health benefits.
Again, do some research on the internet to find interesting ideas and actual (real) examples. Try to follow a general-to-specific structure in the body paragraphs. That means you introduce a point, delve into it, and give examples; after that you move on to the next point.
Post below.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Thank you so much. I hope you find the paragraphs good. I don't add my own opinion since it isn't an opinion essay. I just write a sentence to summarize each paragraph. Your comment and correction will be taken into consideration

In the following paragraph, I mentioned four points

1. Urban parkland is good place for family and friends
2. They provide facilities and equipment.
3. Climate change
4 Their benefits to economic.

Preserving urban parkland is crucial to the environment of any city. They appeal to all ages, and they are intended to be places for solace, recreation, and social cohesion. When family and friends congregate for occasions, this will increase family ties. Being in public parks evokes childhood memories. Wonderful memories are captured by the heart, not pictures In conjunction with social interaction, urban parkland provides plenty of accessible amenities to accommodate everyone, like sport facilities, exercising equipment, and walking areas. Climate change affects all people, causing heatwaves, elevated exposure to UV radiation, extreme and harmful weather events. Not to mention its impact on species and vulnerable groups like the elderly and children. To tackle the problem, governments should place priority on achieving environmental sustainability and should pass a law to impose green taxes to deter human violations against nature. One direct benefit of urban parkland is its economic merits. Having public parks nearby might enhance your property values, attracting homebuyers and renters, which in turn drives tourists and citizens as well. Furthermore, they generate numerous jobs. One prominent example is Hyde Park, which is located in London, the UK, is visited by millions of people every year. In conclusion Preserving urban parkland contributes to providing a breathing space, alleviating climate change impact, and providing economic benefits.

The points in second paragraph

1. How city parks are essential for people's health.
2. How city parks avoid children from drugs.
3. Having city parks considerably reduce temperature.

Moreover, city parks offer individual people several health benefits. They offer plenty of accessible amenities to keep one's in shape, like doing sports, exercising, and walking, which result in improving mental health and public health. Many research have shown a positive correlation between park benefits and academic achievement and improving cognitive ability. Another advantage of city parks is reducing juvenile delinquency, in which kids compete together, build confidence, and also distract them from engaging in drugs and going astray. One direct benefit of public parks is the reduction of heat temperature. With the urban sprawl and environmental violations such as deforestation and hazardous emissions, the earth temperature rises every year. The abandance of public parks and green spaces reduce heat temperature and cool weather. We can witness a perceptible improvement in temperature of public parks. In conclusion, they offer myriad benefits for individuals, children, and the weather.

I am really grateful to @teechar

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you so much. I hope you find the paragraphs good. acceptable. I don't didn’t add my own opinion since it isn't an opinion essay. I just write wrote a sentence to summarize each paragraph. I look forward to your comments and corrections. will be taken into consideration

In the following paragraph, I mentioned four points
1. Urban parkland is good place for family and friends
2. They provide facilities and equipment.
3. Climate change
4 Their benefits to economic.
I don't understand why you did that! What connects all those points? Remember that a body paragraph needs to have one uniting theme. I suggested the environment as one possible theme for your first body paragraph, but of course, it doesn't have to be about that. You can choose another theme if you wish. However, I can't see what theme unites those four points above. I suggest you go back to the drawing board again and try to reorganize your ideas for the body paragraphs. Take a look at the ideas from the following websites and choose five or six of the ones you think are the best. List them in brief point form below. Do not write sentences for now; just write about five of the best benefits of urban parkland.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
I don't understand why you did that! What connects all those points? Remember that a body paragraph needs to have one uniting theme. I suggested the environment as one possible theme for your first body paragraph, but of course, it doesn't have to be about that. You can choose another theme if you wish. However, I can't see what theme unites those four points above. I suggest you go back to the drawing board again and try to reorganize your ideas for the body paragraphs. Take a look at the ideas from the following websites and choose five or six of the ones you think are the best. List them in brief point form below. Do not write sentences for now; just write about five of the best benefits of urban parkland.

Thank you teacher @teechar . To avoid misunderstanding, the points I wrote supported the controlling idea ( is crucial to the environment of any city) all points were written in order.

Do you mean by one uniting theme is one idea for the entire paragraph?

For example: the topic sentence is (City parks offer individual people several health benefits)

I should write one idea for the topic sentence

the idea is City parks are essential for public health. No other points should be mentioned

In regard to your question, here are five points

1. Reduction of the Urban Heat Island Effect.
2. Mental Health Boost.
3. A Place for Physical Activity.
4. Clean Air.
5. Incentive socialization.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
all points were written in order.
In order of what? However, I think you now understand what a body paragraph means.
Do you mean by one uniting theme is one idea for the entire paragraph?
Yes!
For example: the topic sentence is (City parks offer individual people several health benefits)
Yes! That would be a good topic sentence (for a paragraph about health).
I should write one idea for the topic sentence

the idea is City parks are essential for public health. No other points should be mentioned
Yes, if you want to write an entire paragraph only about public health.
In regard to your question, here are five points

1. Reduction of the Urban Heat Island Effect.
2. Mental Health Boost.
3. A Place for Physical Activity.
4. Clean Air.
5. Incentive socialization.
Very good. Now, try to sort those into two groups, and give each group a theme. Do not write sentences for now. Just put the points above into two groups.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
In order of what? However, I think you now understand what a body paragraph means.

Yes!

Yes! That would be a good topic sentence (for a paragraph about health).

Yes, if you want to write an entire paragraph only about public health.

Very good. Now, try to sort those into two groups, and give each group a theme. Do not write sentences for now. Just put the points above into two groups.
Thank you sir @teechar for your patience.

First group
Public parks have key advantages on environment
Clean Air.
Reduction of the Urban Heat Island Effect.

Second group
Public parks have direct benefits on public health
Mental Health Boost.
Place for Physical Activity.
Incentive socialization. (being social results in reducing stress and improving communication skills, etc. ( I guess it is suitable under this theme)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
First group
Public parks have key advantages on environment

Clean Air.
Reduction of the Urban Heat Island Effect.
Right, and if you want, you can mention that they represent important habitats for certain species.
Second group
Public parks have direct benefits on public health
Mental Health Boost.
Place for Physical Activity.
Incentive socialization.
Good.
(being social results in reducing stress and improving communication skills, etc. ( I guess it is suitable under this theme)
Yes, that fits in the second body paragraph.
Now, go ahead and write those two body paragraphs. Write in a clear and straightforward manner (do not complicate your phrasing unnecessarily), and try to give actual examples if you can.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Right, and if you want, you can mention that they represent important habitats for certain species.

Good.

Yes, that fits in the second body paragraph.
Now, go ahead and write those two body paragraphs. Write in a clear and straightforward manner (do not complicate your phrasing unnecessarily), and try to give actual examples if you can.

Thank you @teechar I am really sorry for taking your time.

Public parks have key advantages on environment.

I wrote about clean air. I turned out that I couldn't write much about it .is it possible to include the (Reduction of the Urban Heat Island Effect.) With clean air in the same paragraph? It is one of the advantages of public parks on environment.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you @teechar I am really sorry for taking up your time.
There's no need to be sorry. Learning takes time. :)
Public parks have key advantages on are essential for a healthy urban environment.
That can be the topic sentence for that body paragraph.
I wrote about clean air. I turned out that I couldn't write much about it.
Do some research on the net. You can get more information that way.
is it possible to include the (Reduction of the Urban Heat Island Effect.) With clean air in the same paragraph? It is one of the advantages of public parks on environment.
Yes of course. That is what you should do. Write one body paragraph about all the environmental benefits of city parks.
Thanks again.
You're welcome.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
There's no need to be sorry. Learning takes time. :)

That can be the topic sentence for that body paragraph.

Do some research on the net. You can get more information that way.

Yes of course. That is what you should do. Write one body paragraph about all the environmental benefits of city parks.

You're welcome.

Thank you. I am really grateful to you for guiding me . @teechar

Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment.

It goes without saying that the world has experienced a gradual increase in temperature and extreme heat waves that resulted in heat-related illnesses and deaths. Plant urban trees and proliferation of urban forests remarkably lower heat temperatures and cool buildings and cars. Not only do green spaces provide shade, but also absorb waste air and toxins. Green spaces can reduce heat temperature and cool buildings and cars. Equally important, having green spaces creates breathtaking scenery of the city and neighborhood as well. Green space neighborhoods attract people to live in and visit. This can increase the demand for accommodations. In conclusion, I believe public parks have myriad benefits for the environment in reducing heat temperature as well as cooling the weather, and making the surroundings heaven-like paradise. The two key advantages of public parks are lower heat temperature and beautifully decorated neighborhoods and accommodations.

Public parks have direct benefits on public health.

Mental health boosts when one is relaxing and doing sports and this can foster his mental and physical abilities. As a result, memory enhances retention and academic achievement improves. Many research have shown a strong correlation between park advantages and boosting mental health and cognitive ability. Unlike gyms, public parks are free of charge. You can do sports, walk and train using park equipment. They appeal to all ages. Furthermore, are a breathing spaces where you meditate and relax. This can reduce blood pressure and make you more energetic. In addition, they build resilience to stress, anxiety, and depression. They are perfect places in which your family and friends get together and have fun. In conclusion, Public parks provide health benefits such as improving mental and cognitive abilities and provide spacious green spaces for exercising and meditating. Their advantages on humans are countless.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[ 1] Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment. [ 2] It goes without saying that The world has experienced a gradual recent increase in temperature and extreme heat waves that have resulted in heat-related an increase in illnesses and deaths. Plant urban trees and proliferation of Urban parks and woodlands forests remarkably can lower heat temperatures and cool city environments. buildings and cars. Not only do green spaces provide shade, but they also absorb waste air pollutants and toxins. [ 3] Green spaces can reduce heat temperature and cool buildings and cars. Equally important, having green spaces creates breathtaking pleasant scenery of in the cities and neighborhood as well. Green space neighborhoods and make them more attractive for people to live in and visit. This can increase the demand for accommodations. [ 4] In conclusion, I believe public parks have myriad benefits for the environment in reducing heat temperature as well as cooling the weather, and making the surroundings heaven-like paradise. The two key advantages of public parks are lower heat temperature and beautifully decorated neighborhoods and accommodations. [ 5] For example, Central Park in the middle of New York is a green oasis in a dense urban jungle. It helps in reducing the pollution level in that city and provides a habitat for many birds and animals.

[ 6]
Moreover, public parks have direct benefits on for public health. [ 7] Mental health boosts when one is relaxing and doing sports They help people to relax and pracise various sports, and this can foster his is beneficial for their mental and physical health. abilities. As a result, memory enhances retention and academic achievement improves. Many research have shown a strong correlation between park advantages and boosting mental health and cognitive ability. Unlike gyms, public parks are free of charge. You People can do sports, walk and train using park equipment. They appeal to all ages. Furthermore, are city parks offer a breathing space s where you meditate and office workers can go during their lunch break to relax. This can reduce blood pressure and make you more energetic. In addition, they build resilience to stress, anxiety, and depression. They are, in fact, the perfect places in which your family and friends people can get together, with family and friends, and have fun, during weekdays or over the weekend.

[ 8] In conclusion, Public [ 9] public parks provide health several benefits such as improving people’s mental and physical health, [ 10] cognitive abilities and they provide spacious green spaces for exercising and relaxing. meditating. [ 11] Their advantages on humans are countless. They also help to reduce pollution levels and city temperatures.
--------------------------------------
[ 1]: You wrote 304 words just for the two body paragraphs. That is too long! Also, I have no idea why you kept the topic sentences separate! They are not headings. They are part of the paragraph.

[ 2]: Avoid such meaningless cliches.

[ 3]: That is repetitive.

[ 4]: I have no idea what you did there! The conclusion is the last paragraph of the essay.

[ 5]: If you can give examples in your body paragraphs, you get better marks.

[ 6]: Use linking/transition words/phrases.

[ 7]: That is totally ungrammatical!

[ 8]: The conclusion should be a separate paragraph, at the end of your essay.

[ 9]: Do not capitalize words unnecessarily.

[ 10]: Do not introduce new ideas in the conclusion. You did not discuss cognitive abilities in your body paragraphs.

[ 11]: Do not write generic statements in the conclusion. The conclusion is supposed to be the most specific part of the essay. All you need is a sentence or two that summarize the main points/findings from the body paragraphs.
-----------------------

Now, you just need to write the introduction. Do that, put the revised essay together, and post it below.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
[ 1] Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment. [ 2] It goes without saying that The world has experienced a gradual recent increase in temperature and extreme heat waves that have resulted in heat-related an increase in illnesses and deaths. Plant urban trees and proliferation of Urban parks and woodlands forests remarkably can lower heat temperatures and cool city environments. buildings and cars. Not only do green spaces provide shade, but they also absorb waste air pollutants and toxins. [ 3] Green spaces can reduce heat temperature and cool buildings and cars. Equally important, having green spaces creates breathtaking pleasant scenery of in the cities and neighborhood as well. Green space neighborhoods and make them more attractive for people to live in and visit. This can increase the demand for accommodations. [ 4] In conclusion, I believe public parks have myriad benefits for the environment in reducing heat temperature as well as cooling the weather, and making the surroundings heaven-like paradise. The two key advantages of public parks are lower heat temperature and beautifully decorated neighborhoods and accommodations. [ 5] For example, Central Park in the middle of New York is a green oasis in a dense urban jungle. It helps in reducing the pollution level in that city and provides a habitat for many birds and animals.

[ 6]
Moreover, public parks have direct benefits on for public health. [ 7] Mental health boosts when one is relaxing and doing sports They help people to relax and pracise various sports, and this can foster his is beneficial for their mental and physical health. abilities. As a result, memory enhances retention and academic achievement improves. Many research have shown a strong correlation between park advantages and boosting mental health and cognitive ability. Unlike gyms, public parks are free of charge. You People can do sports, walk and train using park equipment. They appeal to all ages. Furthermore, are city parks offer a breathing space s where you meditate and office workers can go during their lunch break to relax. This can reduce blood pressure and make you more energetic. In addition, they build resilience to stress, anxiety, and depression. They are, in fact, the perfect places in which your family and friends people can get together, with family and friends, and have fun, during weekdays or over the weekend.

[ 8] In conclusion, Public [ 9] public parks provide health several benefits such as improving people’s mental and physical health, [ 10] cognitive abilities and they provide spacious green spaces for exercising and relaxing. meditating. [ 11] Their advantages on humans are countless. They also help to reduce pollution levels and city temperatures.
--------------------------------------
[ 1]: You wrote 304 words just for the two body paragraphs. That is too long! Also, I have no idea why you kept the topic sentences separate! They are not headings. They are part of the paragraph.

[ 2]: Avoid such meaningless cliches.

[ 3]: That is repetitive.

[ 4]: I have no idea what you did there! The conclusion is the last paragraph of the essay.

[ 5]: If you can give examples in your body paragraphs, you get better marks.

[ 6]: Use linking/transition words/phrases.

[ 7]: That is totally ungrammatical!

[ 8]: The conclusion should be a separate paragraph, at the end of your essay.

[ 9]: Do not capitalize words unnecessarily.

[ 10]: Do not introduce new ideas in the conclusion. You did not discuss cognitive abilities in your body paragraphs.

[ 11]: Do not write generic statements in the conclusion. The conclusion is supposed to be the most specific part of the essay. All you need is a sentence or two that summarize the main points/findings from the body paragraphs.
-----------------------

Now, you just need to write the introduction. Do that, put the revised essay together, and post it below.

Thank you @teechar so much for helping and correcting my essay. I can't thank you enough, sir. Thank you for your patience and your feedback brushed up my writing skill. Thank you again.

This is non opinion essay. If it was an opinion essay, in which parts of the paragraph should I write my opinion?

[1] Public parks are a price gift with countless benefits. [2] They are created to serve individuals and the environment as well. Public parks have two main benefits, [3] Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment and [4] public parks have direct benefits for public health

Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment. The world has experienced a recent increase in temperature and extreme heat waves that have resulted in an increase in illnesses and deaths. Urban parks and woodlands can lower temperatures and cool city environments. Not only do green spaces provide shade, but they also absorb pollutants and toxins. Equally important, having green spaces creates pleasant scenery in cities and makes them more attractive for people to live in and visit. For example, Central Park in the middle of New York is a green oasis in a dense urban jungle. It helps in reducing the pollution level in that city and provides a habitat for many birds and animals.

Moreover, public parks have direct benefits for public health. They help people to relax and practice various sports, and this is beneficial for their mental and physical health. Unlike gyms, public parks are free of charge. People can do sports, walk, and train using park equipment. They appeal to all ages. Furthermore, city parks offer a breathing space where office workers can go during their lunch break to relax. They are, in fact, the perfect places in which your people can get together, with family and friends, and have fun, during weekdays or over the weekend.

In conclusion, public parks provide several benefits such as improving people’s mental and physical health, and they provide green spaces for exercising and relaxing. They also help to reduce pollution levels and city temperatures.

1. The general statement. Is it acceptable?
2. Background sentences. Is it acceptable?
3. The title of the first paragraph.
4. The title of the second paragraph.

I have some questions if you please
Q1. Is it possible to write the pronoun "you". You omitted it twice. Should I avoid addressing the reader by using the pronoun ( you) ?
Q2. Can I substitute "individuals" for "people" and use it and "one" in non opinion essay ? For example, One should practice different sports because each has its benefits.
Q3. Is it possible to use synonyms instead of repeating the public parks or pronoun (they) ?
Q4. Do you have an advise to improve the introduction and the entire essay?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

This is a non-opinion essay.
I disagree. It asks you to which extent do you agree or disagree. That is asking for an opinion.
If it was an opinion essay, in which parts of the paragraph should I write my opinion?
You integrate your opinion into your arguments (in the body paragraphs), just as we did above.
Public parks are an important part of any city [ 1] price gift with and they offer countless benefits. They are created to serve individuals and the environment as well. [ 2] Public parks have two main benefits, Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment and public parks have direct benefits for public health [ 3] However, some people argue that the large areas of land they occupy could be used for residential or commercial expansion. [ 4] I disagree with that.

Is the general statement . Is it acceptable?
See correction above.
Are the background sentences. Is it acceptable?
See above.
The title of the first paragraph.
The title of the second paragraph.
I have no idea what you are talking about! You DO NOT put paragraph titles in an IELTS essay. No titles!
Q1. Is it possible to write the pronoun "you". You omitted it twice. Should I avoid addressing the reader by using the pronoun (you)?
Yes, avoid that.
Q2. Can I substitute "individuals" for "people" and use it and "one" in a non-opinion essay? For example, "One should practice different sports because each has its benefits".
You can. Alternatively, you can use "a person".
Q3. Is it possible to use synonyms instead of repeating the public parks or pronoun (they)?
You can use "urban parks" or "city parks".
Q4. Do you have an advise any advice on how to improve the introduction and the entire essay?
It's all done now. See above.
---------------------------------------
[ 1]: I have no idea what "price gift" is supposed to mean. DO NOT make up new phrases, translate directly from another language, or complicate your phrasing unnecessarily. Otherwise, you risk getting a low score in the exam.
[ 2]: I have no idea why you wrote that or what it's supposed to do.
[ 3]: You need to present the issue of discussion to the reader.
[ 4]: You need to write your thesis at the end of the introduction.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Thank you so much. I am really sorry for bothering you, sir

---------------------------------------
[ 1]: I have no idea what "price gift" is supposed to mean. DO NOT make up new phrases, translate directly from another language, or complicate your phrasing unnecessarily. Otherwise, you risk getting a low score in the exam.
[1] My apologies. I meant to say that the environment is a priceless gift that has countless benefits. I tried to use it as a general statement for the essay.

[ 2]: I have no idea why you wrote that or what it's supposed to do.
[ 3]: You need to present the issue of discussion to the reader.
[ 4]: You need to write your thesis at the end of the introduction.

The introduction I wrote.

Public parks are a priceless gift with countless benefits. [2] They are created to serve individuals and the environment as well. Public parks have two main benefits, [3] Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment and [4] public parks have direct benefits for public health

My response :

[2.3.4] I thought I should mention in details in the end of introduction, thesis statement, what I am going to write in body paragraphs

For example, ( in the introduction "the thesis" ) smoking is a bad habit because of 1 and 2 so the first paragraph will talk about number 1 and the other paragraph will talk about number 2.

In opinion essay, For example, ( in the introduction "the thesis" ) I believe smoking is a bad habit because of 1 and 2 so the first paragraph will talk about number 1 and the other paragraph will talk about number 2.

Do I have to write the titles of body paragraph 1 and 2 in thesis statement?

Which is best using singular or plural in writing when writing in body paragraph?

1-People should protect environment by all means.

2- A person/ one/ an individual should protect.
environment by all means.

Last question, In opinion essay, I can mention my opinion in the introduction specifically, in the thesis statement, body paragraph, and in conclusion. Right?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
No! Please just put the essay together now, and do not make any new changes. Post it below.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
No! Please just put the essay together now, and do not make any new changes. Post it below.
I am running out of words. I can't thank you enough. Please forgive me for bothering you, sir.

Thank you @teechar so much for helping me. I have some questions regarding my mistakes, not about your correction, sir

This is the entire essay.

Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment. The world has experienced recent increase in temperature and extreme heat waves that have resulted in an increase in illnesses and deaths. Urban parks and woodlands can lower temperatures and cool city environments. Not only do green spaces provide shade, but they also absorb pollutants and toxins. Equally important, having green spaces creates pleasant scenery in cities and make them more attractive for people to live in and visit. For example, Central Park in the middle of New York is a green oasis in a dense urban jungle. It helps in reducing the pollution level in that city and provides a habitat for many birds and animals.

Moreover, public parks have direct benefits for public health. They help people to relax and practice various sports, and this is beneficial for their mental and physical health. Unlike gyms, public parks are free of charge. People can do sports, walk and train using park equipment. They appeal to all ages. Furthermore, city parks offer a breathing space where office workers can go during their lunch break to relax. They are, in fact, the perfect places in which people can get together, with family and friends, and have fun, during weekdays or over the weekend.

In conclusion, public parks provide several benefits such as improving people’s mental and physical health, and they provide green spaces for exercising and relaxing. They also help to reduce pollution levels and city temperatures.

========================================

The introduction I wrote.

[1]Public parks are a priceless gift with countless benefits.[2] They are created to serve individuals and the environment as well. Public parks have two main benefits, [3] Public parks are essential for a healthy urban environment and [4] public parks have direct benefits for public health

My response :

[1-2] is this a good background information and

[3.4] I thought I should mention in details in the end of introduction, thesis statement, what I am going to write in body paragraphs' titles

For example, ( in the introduction "the thesis" ) smoking is a bad habit because of 1 and 2 so the first paragraph will talk about number 1 and the other paragraph will talk about number 2.

Q1Do I have to write the titles of body paragraph 1 and 2 in thesis statement?

Q2 Which is best using singular or plural in writing when writing in body paragraph?

Last question, In opinion essay, I can mention my opinion in the introduction specifically, in the thesis statement, body paragraph, and in conclusion. Right?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[3.4] I thought I should mention in details in the end of introduction, thesis statement, what I am going to write in body paragraphs' titles
No. The introduction should be general. Specifics belong in the conclusion.
Q1Do I have to write the titles of body paragraph 1 and 2 in thesis statement?
No! Do not include titles in an essay.
Q2 Which is best using singular or plural in writing when writing in body paragraph?
When speaking in general terms, it is usual to use the plural. However, please do not make new changes! "by all means" can have a different meaning (unintended here).
You need to:
Clearly state your opinion in the thesis statement (last sentence of the introduction), prove/support that opinion in the body paragraphs, and summarize it in the conclusion.

Please use the introduction I suggested in post# 35.