Can you please review my curriculum vitae?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, below is my CV to find a job. I am not sure about the grammar of what I wrote about my job experience in the CV.
Please help to check and recommend.

Introduction: own good communication ability, and I am a creative, curious, and easy-going person. In working, I am always ready to connect and work with other members in the best way to complete the task assigned. In addition, I can work in a high-pressure environment so I look forward to trying in a competitive working environment of your company.

Sales representative:
  • Actively explore and develop new markets/customers through the internet and online commercial (B2B) websites.
  • Analyze and identify potential markets/customers to discuss and negotiate to get the successful contract, PO.
  • Directly deal with the potential customers until the end of the transaction. (receive order or stop proceeding transaction when the customers are evaluated as not potential).
  • Promote sales and develop customer systems by participating in fairs, conferences, events, etc.
  • Arrange meeting schedules and welcome customers to work in the office or visit the warehouse.
  • Take care of shipment, daily follow and update the information to the customer.
  • Closely working with related departments to follow up and ensure the ordering, production, and goods delivery are in process.
  • Other relevant jobs: prepare shipping documents, and handle relevant trouble.
  • Doing reports weekly. Other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Cargo Operations Agent:
• Liaise with GHA (Ground handling agent) and Head Office Cargo departments to ensure a high-quality service is provided by Qatar line for both import and export cargo.
• Flight planning with maximum capacity, control, and operations. Maintain close coordination with forwarders to ensure all documents belonging to cargo are correct.
• Supervise all parties (Warehouse, Airport…) and support forwarder companies to ensure cargo will be on time at the warehouse and be handled accordingly for each flight, reducing risk to a minimum to pursue smooth running of operations activities. The IATA aviation transportation must follow shipments.
• Support import customers for clearance of their Cargo. Handle irregularities in import cases.
• ULD stock management in coordination with the GHA.

Yard Planner & Controller:
• Planning, and setting up container locations in the yard to serve the production activities of the port. Manage, and decrease the smallest errors that affect the production plans, ensuring Port operations smoothly.
• Control port operations that include the process of loading / discharging containers, importing/exporting, managing the life cycle of containers, and related activities at the port.

Monitoring staff (Trainees):
• Internship report: Process of container handling
• Practicing in the production department: Observing and learning from the monitoring staff; Understanding the process of managing and delivering Containers, the process of importing/exporting goods, port operation activities, shipping operation activities ...

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Rather than other members, I would say others.

Added: "Containers" is not a proper noun.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is this the entire CV? What kind of job are you applying for?

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Is this the entire CV? What kind of job are you applying for?
I am looking for sale position of the company. This is the entire CV I made in English.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Do you not need to mention your educational/professional qualifications?
What's the application deadline?

No, thanks Teechar. I submitted this CV on some websites in order to look a job, and it has not any deadline. I attached my bachelor’s degree also.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
OK, which of those above is your current role? Or are they all in the past?

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
OK, which of those above is your current role? Or are they all in the past?

They are in the past, those paragraphs describe the daily working when I was in each position at the job.

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
They are in the past, those paragraphs describe the daily working when I was in each position at the job.
Attached picture is for your information.

Attachments

• 2D66DCF6-DBDB-4EB1-B9CD-E6EF1CEF4DE5.png
    2D66DCF6-DBDB-4EB1-B9CD-E6EF1CEF4DE5.png
    446.7 KB · Views: 3

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No, but thanks, Teechar. I submitted this my CV on to some websites in order to look for a job, and it has not any so there is no deadline. I attached my bachelor’s degree also.
Note my corrections above. I'd say "I posted my CV on some websites ...".

I noticed that you said "Qatar line" in your CV. Given that there are several mentions of things like "ground handling agents", I assume you worked for an airline. If "Qatar line" is the name of the company, it should be "Line". If you worked for the national airline, you should use its correct and full name - Qatar Airways.

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I noticed that you said "Qatar line" in your CV. Given that there are several mentions of things like "ground handling agents", I assume you worked for an airline. If "Qatar line" is the name of the company, it should be "Line". If you worked for the national airline, you should use its correct and full name - Qatar Airways.

I worked for the Qatar Airways in 2020, you are right. It should be Qatar Airways.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi, below is take a look at my CV. I am trying to find a job as a salesman. I am not sure about the grammar of what I wrote about my job experience in the CV.

Please help to check and edit it. recommend.

Introduction: own good communication ability, and I am a creative, curious, and easy-going person. In working, I am always ready to connect and work with other members my coworkers in the best way to complete the task assigned. In addition, I can work in a high-pressure and competitive environments. so I look forward to trying in a competitive working environment of your company.

Professional Experience:
Sales representative with [ 1] Crowther and Blooms (Feb 2018 – Mar 2019):

• Actively explored and developed new markets/customers through on the internet, and especially through online commercial (B2B) websites.
  • Analyzed and identified potential markets/customers to discuss and negotiate to get the successful contracts and orders. PO.
  • Directly deal with the potential assisted customers until order completion. the end of the transaction. (receive order or stop proceeding transaction when the customers are evaluated as not potential).
  • Promoted sales and develop customer systems by participating in fairs, conferences, and business events. , etc.
  • Arranged meeting schedules and welcome customers to work in the office or visiting the office or warehouse.
  • Take care of Monitored shipments daily follow and updated the information to the customers.
  • Closely worked ing with related departments to follow up and ensure the ordering, production, and goods delivery are to schedule. in process.
  • Other relevant jobs: Prepare shipping documents, and handled problems. relevant trouble.
  • Doing reports Produced weekly reports for management. . Other tasks as assigned by the Manager.

Cargo Operations Agent with [ 1] Dudly’s (Apr 2015 – Sep 2017):
• Liaised with GHA (Ground handling agent) and Head Office Cargo departments to ensure a high-quality service is provided by Qatar Airways for both import and export cargo.
Flight planning Planned Flights with maximum capacity, control, and operations. Maintained close coordination with forwarders to ensure all cargo documents belonging to cargo are correct.
• Supervised team members (warehouse and airport) all parties (Warehouse, Airport…) and supported forwarder companies to ensure cargo will be arrival on time at the warehouse. and be handled accordingly for each flight, reducing risk to a minimum to pursue smooth running of operations activities. The IATA aviation transportation must follow shipments.
• Supported import customers for clearance of their Cargo. Handled irregularities in import cases.
carried out ULD stock management in coordination with the GHA.

Yard Planner & Controller: with [ 1] Truegood Systems (Jul 2013 – Dec 2015):
• Planned ing, and set ting up container locations in the yard to serve the production activities of the port. Managed, and decrease the smallest rectified errors that affect the production plans, ensuring smooth operations at port. operations smoothly.
• Controled port operations, that including the process of loading/discharging containers, importing/exporting, managing the life cycle of containers, and related activities at the port.

Monitoring staff ( Trainee with [ 1] Dudly’s (Apr 2015 – Sep 2017):
Produced internship report on process of container handling.
Practicing Practised various roles in the production department: Observing and learning from the monitoring staff, understanding the process of managing and delivering containers, as well as the processes of importing/exporting goods, port operation activities, and shipping operation activities.
------------------------------------------------
[ 1]: Replace with the real company name and dates.

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thanks Teechar, I am very appreciate your edited version. Some verbs were transferred from present simple form to past simple form. I am describing my experience working in general. Is this necessary ?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks Teechar, I very much appreciate your edited version. Some verbs were transferred from present simple form to past simple form. I am describing my work experience in general. Is this necessary ?
I don't understand the second sentence.

Are you going to give teechar credit? (You should.)

Why wouldn't it be necessary?

Huy888

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
T
I don't understand the second sentence.

Are you going to give teechar credit? (You should.)

Why wouldn't it be necessary?

Teechar changed some verbs conjugated in the present simple to the past simple. I don't understand this.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Teechar changed some verbs conjugated in the present simple to the past simple. I don't understand this.
That's too general a statement for me to comment on that. If you make that statement more specific it will be easier for me to comment. (Perhaps teechar would not have that problem. I don't know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.