Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I would like to seek assistance to clarify whether using “ in terms of “ in the below sentences are correct or not.

1. I carried out studies, analysis and site inspection in terms of as-fitted drawings, O&M manual, past test & commissioning report.
2. I read up on literature and books in terms of the latent heat of vaporization.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I would like to [STRIKE]seek assistance to[/STRIKE] clarify whether using “ in terms of “ in the [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] sentences below is [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] correct or not.

1. I carried out studies, analysis and site inspections [STRIKE]in terms of[/STRIKE] according to as-fitted drawings, the O&M manual, past tests and a/the commissioning report.
2. I read [STRIKE]up on literature[/STRIKE] research articles/papers and books [STRIKE]in terms of[/STRIKE] about the latent heat of vaporization.

ben9108

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Would someone help to assess whether the below sentence is correct or not?

I arranged a trial test for the suspension of pump operation to evaluate the maximum permissible working time in terms of without alarm.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Why are you determined to use 'in terms of'?

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Using" is singular, so the thread's title should be Clarify whether using "in terms of" in the sentences is [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] correct or not.

Don't put a space after an opening quotation mark or before a closing one. I removed two spaces from the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.