[General] Could someone please improve this short email for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is a work-related email (semi-formal) and I would love to know how you would make it sound better. I feel like "I will have to kindly ask" does not sound natural? Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much for your warm email. I have submitted my application requesting my start date to be on May 20th and hope my application gets approved by mid August. In case that does not happen then I will have to kindly ask you change my start date to sometime later. Also, thanks for providing the brief overview on relocation process. I will definitely call you later as we get closer to my start date so I can talk to you about the moving process.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is a work-related email (semi-formal) and I would love to know how you would make it sound better. I feel like "I will have to kindly ask" does not sound natural.
[STRIKE]Thanks in advance![/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Click on the "Thank" button after we help you.

Thank you very much for your warm email. I have submitted my application requesting [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] to start [STRIKE]date to be[/STRIKE] on May 20th and hope my application [STRIKE]gets[/STRIKE] will be approved by mid-August. [STRIKE]In case[/STRIKE] If that does not happen, [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] I will have to [STRIKE]kindly ask you change my[/STRIKE] request a later start date. [STRIKE]to sometime later.[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]
Also,[/STRIKE] Thanks for providing the brief overview [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] of the relocation process. I will [STRIKE]definitely[/STRIKE] call you [STRIKE]later as we get[/STRIKE] closer to my start date [STRIKE]so I can talk to you about[/STRIKE] to discuss the moving process.

See above.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is a work-related email (semi-formal) and I would love to know how you would make it sound better. I feel like "I will have to kindly ask" does not sound natural? Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much for your [STRIKE]warm[/STRIKE] email. I have submitted my application requesting my start date to be [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] May 20th and hope my application [STRIKE]gets[/STRIKE] will be approved by mid August. In case that does not happen, [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]will have to kindly[/STRIKE] ask that you [STRIKE]change[/STRIKE] revise my start date to sometime later. Also, thanks for providing the brief overview on the relocation process. I will definitely call you later as we get closer to my start date so I can talk to you about the moving process.

Another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.