Diary - A few days ago, my mother told me dinner was ready.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

A few days ago, my mother told me dinner was ready. Then I got some pork and began to eat. While I was eating, I found some pork was pink so I told my mum that some of them seemed like not fully cooked. She was shocked that I ate them because those were for my father’s breakfast so they were not ready. Since then, I have been worried that I would got parasites.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
One evening a few days ago, my mother told me dinner was ready. I served myself some pork and started eating. I noticed some of the pork was pink, and I told my mother that it didn't seem fully cooked.

She was surprised at first and then she realised that I'd been eating some uncooked/partly cooked meat that she'd been keeping for my father’s breakfast the next day.

Since that day, I've been worried that I might have been infected by parasites from the raw pork.

Last edited:

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Don't use "them" for pork unless you're referring to something countable, like pork chops, or pieces of pork.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think I would have said "worms" instead of "parasites", but I guess it's the same thing.