Diary - My brother has been learning to drive lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My brother has been learning to drive lately. His driving lessons are very expensive, so he bought a steering wheel and driving stimulated game to practise at home. After some practice, his driving skills have improved and was praised by his teacher! I never thought that a home-used driving game would help real driving.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

My brother has been learning to drive lately recently. His driving lessons are very expensive, so he bought a steering wheel and a driving stimulated simulator game to practise at home. After some practice, his driving skills have improved and he was praised by his teacher instructor! I never thought that a home -used driving game would help with real driving.
See above. In BrE, the person who teaches you to drive is a "driving instructor". We never say "driving teacher".
Make sure you study the difference between "simulate" and "stimulate".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

My brother has been learning to drive lately. His driving lessons are very expensive, so he bought a steering wheel and driving simulator so he can practise at home. After some practice, his driving skills have improved and, he was praised by his teacher! I never thought that a home-used driving game would help with real driving.
In American English it's also driving instructor. However, the instructor teaches you how to drive, so I couldn't argue with your word (teacher).

Not bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.