Diary - My teacher asked me about cram schools in Hong Kong.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My teacher asked me about cram schools in Hong Kong. I told her it's popular that many high school students go to cram schools to prepare for the public exam. However, I told her something she had never imagined — there are interview classes for kindergarteners. Some parents want their children to get into a top primary school so they sign up these classes and prepare a portfolio for their children. The portfolio usually includes academic results, awards and certificates. I'm grateful that my mum didn't do that to me. When my mum asked me what kind of primary schools I wanted to go, I said the closest school from home so I could get more sleep.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The first sentence is fine. In fact, I don't see how you could write that one any differently. (I guess you could say "Hong Kong cram schools".)

Second sentence, say: "I told her they are popular and that and that many high school students go to cram schools ...."

Nothing to sweat about until the last sentence. Say: "When my mom asked me what kind of primary school I wanted to go to, I said the school closest to home so I could get more sleep."