Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is the phrase "English-learning fanatics haunt" natural in English?

"Haunt" is defined as "a place often visited".

====================

Do you visit the English corner often? I observe the environment there is perfect.
Yes I do. It is English-learning fanatics haunt and my favorite hangout.

The phrase almost works. It needs an article and an apostrophe to be correct.

Do you mean the indefinite article?

Do you mean the indefinite article?

Let's let GoodTaste work out whether it's the definite or the indefinite article that needs to be added, shall we? GoesStation has clearly stated that an article is required.

This is like being involved in a game, but I don't get to play.
;-)

Let's let GoodTaste work out whether it's the definite or the indefinite article that needs to be added, shall we? GoesStation has clearly stated that an article is required.

Surely with "an" is better:

It is an English-learning fanatics haunt.

PS. Some fanatics whine for that they are so crazy in learning English as to forget how to properly use their mother language. Some Chinese people living in English-speaking countries increasingly feel difficulty to correctly write out Chinese characters.

Last edited:
Surely it is better with an "an"[STRIKE] is better[/STRIKE]:

It is "an English-learning fanatics' haunt".

PS. Some fanatics whine[STRIKE] for that[/STRIKE] about they [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] being so crazy [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] about learning English as to forget how to properly use their mother language. Some Chinese people living in English-speaking countries increasingly[STRIKE] feel[/STRIKE] find difficulty to correctly write out Chinese characters.

See if you agree to my edits.

Do you mean this?

It is an English-learning fanatics' haunt.

The apostrophe seems to be omittable.

Surely with "an" is better:

It is an English-learning fanatics haunt.

PS. Some fanatics whine for that they are so crazy in learning English as to forget how to properly use their mother language. Some Chinese people living in English-speaking countries increasingly feel difficulty to correctly write out Chinese characters.

The Chinese may not be the only fanatics, so the indefinite article works better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back