I'm new to English learning, and a writer by profession. How can I improve my blog it further?

denny12

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am seeking advice on how to further improve my blog to cater to English learners and make it more effective and engaging. I love to share motivational content and wants to ensure that my blog 50 motivational quotes, resonates with a broader audience, including non-native English speakers. I am looking for strategies to simplify my language, and provide additional context for the quotes, incorporate visuals, and offer translations or language learning resources to aid comprehension. I am open to feedback and eager to foster a sense of community on my blog.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Welcome to the forum. Note that I have removed the link to your blog. If you want, you can mention it on your profile page instead.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am seeking advice on how to further improve my blog to cater to English learners and make it more effective and engaging. I love to share motivational content and wants want to ensure that my blog, "50 motivational quotes", resonates with a broader audience, including non-native English speakers. I am looking for strategies to simplify my language, and provide additional context for the quotes, incorporate visuals, and offer translations or language learning resources to aid comprehension. I am open to feedback and eager to foster a sense of community on my blog.
Do you speak any other languages at a basic level? If so, you could try to write a blog post in that other language, then translate it back into English. That way, you'll know that it'll be at the level of a beginner/lower intermediate English learner.

Martin45

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am seeking advice on how to further improve my blog to cater to English learners and make it more effective and engaging. I love to share motivational content and wants to ensure that my blog 50 motivational quotes, resonates with a broader audience, including non-native English speakers. I am looking for strategies to simplify my language, and provide additional context for the quotes, incorporate visuals, and offer translations or language learning resources to aid comprehension. I am open to feedback and eager to foster a sense of community on my blog.
Not a teacher

That's a fantastic goal! In my opinion, to engage non-native English speakers, consider using simpler sentence structures and explaining challenging words. Visuals like images or infographics can enhance understanding. Adding translations or language resources is a great idea. Encourage discussions and interactions among readers to build a vibrant community. Your dedication to inclusivity is inspiring.