Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
I'm a beginner in English writing. I need some ideas on how to start writing essay. I'm self teaching. I would like anyone to recommend me topics for beginners. Thank you!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I'm a beginner in English writing. I need some ideas on how to start writing essays. I'm [STRIKE]self[/STRIKE] teaching myself. I would [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] appreciate it if anyone [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] could recommend [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] some topics for beginners. Thank you!
Hello Aisha143, and welcome to the forum. :)
Are you preparing for some test? If so, which one?

Aisha143

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Thank you for the corrections! I'm not preparing for any particular test right now. I simply want to be able to write well academically. And in near future I do consider taking ielts test.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you for the corrections! I'm not preparing for any particular test right now. I simply want to be able to write well academically. And in the near future I am considering taking the IELTS test.

Consider writing a couple of paragraphs comparing the merits of cats versus dogs.
:)

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Make your goal writing well - not writing well academically. Academic writing isn't always good, and good writing will serve you well when you do write academically.

The great thing about essays is that any topic is fine. There are no good or bad topics. Cats versus dogs is good. Or writing about your hobby. Or politics. Or sports. Or religion. Or the arts. Or science. Or school. Or people you know. Or people you don't know. Or love, or life, or death, or food, or technology, or the weather . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.