Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello,

I hope all of you on the East Cost of the US are safe!

The following is from a news - Superstorm comfort-eating menu
(not sure if this is enough context for my question or not)

What is the meaning of 'Every meal is a Monday morning'

Thank you

Still without power at her apartment or West Chelsea studio on Wednesday, de la Rue was making up for her indulgences with a few extra workout videos streamed on her iPad.

For fellow storm binge-eaters, she suggests candlelight yoga or any sort of household cleaning that requires scrubbing. If you’re home with the kids, ask them to put on their favorite music — maybe you'll become hip to a little Carly Rae Jepsen or One Direction — and just dance around together.

Next time, Glassman said, plan ahead and make things such as low-sodium, bean-based soups, frozen vegetables, peanut butter, canned tuna and salmon, green tea and oatmeal the pantry ‘‘staples.’’

It’s not too late to get on the bandwagon now, she added: ‘‘Every meal is a Monday morning.’
dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

I have no idea. Maybe she means that, like every Monday morning starts a new week, a new opportunity arises with each meal to eat better. I really am just guessing.

That was the same idea I came up with. Monday morning can be seen as making a new start because, in most cultures, it's the start of the week. A lot of people decide that they will start a diet or at least start to eat more healthily "next week". They usually mean at the beginning of next week. So I guess this writer is saying that instead of waiting until next Monday, you can start your healthy eating plan at your next meal.

@SoothingDave and @emsr2d2, thank you. I understand now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back