Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
In a cover letter, how could I make the following sentences appropriate?

1. For my academic years, I believe I am an extremely fit and diligent person who has a great deal of experience in Analog IC design field.
2. For my academic years, I believe I am a particularly good fit for the Analog IC designer position at your firm because I’m a diligent person who has a great deal of experience in Analog IC design field.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

contiluo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Given my specialized academic research background in analog IC design field and my leadership and analytical skills, I am a particularly good fit for the position of Analog IC Design Engineer at your firm.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Given my specialized academic research background and extensive experience in the analog IC design field [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] as well as my leadership and analytical skills, I trust that I am a [STRIKE]particularly good fit[/STRIKE] suitable candidate for the position of Analog IC Design Engineer at your firm.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'd probably use "I am confident that" or "I believe" in place of teechar's "I trust". In BrE, "I trust" is usually a way of saying "I sincerely hope and expect that ...".

I trust you're going to share that cake with everyone.
I trust you've brought some money with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.