Insurance companies wait for the claim timely filing limit to be over so that they don't have to pay doctors.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1) Insurance companies wait for the claim timely filing limit to be over so that they don't have to pay doctors.
2) Insurance companies wait for the claim timely filing limit to pass by so that they don't have to pay doctors.
3) Insurance companies wait for the time to be over for claim filing so that they don't have to pay doctors.
4) Insurance companies wait for the time to pass by so that they don't have to pay doctors.

Please check my sentences.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What you want to say is they wait for the deadline to pass for filing a claim.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You seem to be trying to blame the insurance companies for adhering to the contracts they have with doctors when the doctors fail to do what is necessary.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I feel like I've travelled back in time five years. @tufguy, in all that time, haven't you figured out how to express all this insurance stuff in English? We spent hours and hours and hours on it then and I have no desire to do it again now.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have rethought what I said in post #2. It's not the insurance companies that file claims. Therefore, it can't be their fault if the claim is filed past the deadline.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What you want to say is they wait for the deadline to pass for filing a claim.
No,
I feel like I've travelled back in time five years. @tufguy, in all that time, haven't you figured out how to express all this insurance stuff in English? We spent hours and hours and hours on it then and I have no desire to do it again now.
I would like to know whether we can say "time to be over" or not and "time limit to pass by"? Do we need to use "be" before over?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There is, as far as I know, no such thing as a "claim timely filing limit". Furthermore, "the time to be over for claim filing" can only be "deadline".

Insurance companies don't file claims. The doctor's office does that. You can disagree with me all you want.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
No,

I would like to know whether we can say "time to be over" or not and "time limit to pass by"? Do we need to use "be" before over?
The crucial question is whether the claim is submitted before or after the deadline. Claims submitted ater the dealine is not valid as per insurance policy.

You don't coin your own terms like "claim timely filing limit".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You don't coin your own terms like "claim timely filing limit".
I'm afraid that's not true. He does do that -- regularly.
😀

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
There is, as far as I know, no such thing as a "claim timely filing limit". Furthermore, "the time to be over for claim filing" can only be "deadline".

Insurance companies don't file claims. The doctor's office does that. You can disagree with me all you want.
Are my sentences correct apart from "timely filing limit"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are my sentences correct apart from "timely filing limit"?
Try to rewrite your sentences, replacing that part with something else, and we'll comment on the new sentences.