Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Here are sentences :
1. Hi John. It's really great to hear about how you been on a concert of your favorite rock band.
2. Hi John. It's really great to hear that you visited a concert of your favorite rock band.
3. Hi John. It's really great to hear that you have visited a concert of your favorite rock band.
Which one is correct? And if there's 2 or more correct sentences, which one will sound better? Thank you in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Here are three/some sentences:

1. Hi, John. It's really great to hear about how you been on a concert of your favorite rock band. :cross:
2. Hi, John. It's really great to hear that you [STRIKE]visited[/STRIKE] went to a concert [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] by your favorite rock band.
3. Hi, John. It's really great to hear that you have [STRIKE]visited[/STRIKE] been to a concert [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] by your favorite rock band.

Which one is correct? [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] If [STRIKE]there's[/STRIKE] there are [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two or more correct sentences, which one [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] sounds better?

[STRIKE]Thank you in advance.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Did you write those sentences yourself? It's important to tell us if you're asking us to comment on someone else's words or your own.

As you can see above, sentence 1 is not a natural way to word what you want to say. I have made changes to sentences 2 and 3 so they're both grammatical. I don't prefer one over the other.
We don't "visit" a concert. We "go to" or "attend" one.

Note that I have changed your thread title. Titles should be unique and relevant to the thread, and should include some/all of the words/sentences you're asking us about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.