Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

********************************************************************************************

There was still about an hour of daylight left when they arrived at the cave, but unlike the cave they had used as a refuge from the meteorite impact, the entrance to this cave was small. Crouching low, they entered the cave one at a time, and like the other cave, this one also led to a much larger cavern beyond.

Once inside, Gan and Jingying went straight to the side cave they had used previously. Gan said. “It seemed like so long ago, but being here now, it seems like yesterday; there is not even any dust to mark the passage of time. Yang was born in this cave.”

Jingying was reminiscing too. “It was the happiest moment of my life in a time that was filled with the sadness of having to leave our home, but to be honest, I am happy in our new home and to be with our new people.”

Gan smiled and nodded. He was looking for a place to put his journal and had found a crevice in the wall at head-height that he thought would be a safe place. “Here, this seems good enough.”

Jingying looked for herself and nodded. “Yes, I think that will do nicely.”

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Can you crouch high?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

********************************************************************************************

There was still about an hour of daylight left when they arrived at the cave, but unlike the cave they had used as a refuge from the meteorite impact, the entrance to this cave was small. Crouching low, they entered the cave one at a time. Like the other cave, this one also led to a much larger cavern beyond.

Once inside, Gan and Jingying went straight to the side cave they had used previously. Gan said, “It seemed like so long ago, but being here now, it seems like yesterday; there is not even any dust to mark the passage of time. Yang was born in this cave.”

Jingying was reminiscing too. “It was the happiest moment of my life in a time that was filled with the sadness of having to leave our home, but to be honest, I am happy in our new home and to be with our new people.”

Gan smiled and nodded. He was looking for a place to put his journal and had found a crevice in the wall at head-height that he thought would be a safe place. “Here, this seems good enough.”

Jingying [STRIKE]looked for herself and[/STRIKE] nodded. “Yes, I think that will do nicely.”
Run-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.