Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, can someone please check the following sentences? Thank you.

[FONT=&quot]Short summary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A great collection of Superman movies namely Superman Doomsday, All-Star Superman and Superman vs the Elite in one thrilling set.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Long summary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An action-packed movies in one thrilling set! Follow the adventures of the DC Comics hero, Superman, as he meets his greatest challenge as a champion in Superman Doomsday. Next, in All-Star Superman, as a result of his arch nemesis Lex Luther's scheming, Superman is overexposed to radiation and is slowly dying. When catastrophe strikes, Superman once again rushes into action in Superman vs. The Elite.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

MattR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Not a teacher

First of all, I think it is a good idea to put the movie titles in quotes as this improves readability.

Your short summary is missing a verb, so it is not a complete sentence.

Take a closer look at the long summary: Right at the start, you wrote "an [...] movies". Furthermore, a verb is missing here. Finally, be very cautious when to use exclamation marks. I do not think it belongs here.

The rest seems to be okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Gaya87, I'm pretty sure that we have previously asked you to write the long summary first and then the short version. It makes far more sense that way.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Gaya87, I'm pretty sure that we have previously asked you to write the long summary first and then the short version. It makes far more sense that way.

I'm very sorry. I forgot about it. Moving forward, I will write the long summary first and then the short one.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Not a teacher

First of all, I think it is a good idea to put the movie titles in quotes as this improves readability.

Your short summary is missing a verb, so it is not a complete sentence.

Take a closer look at the long summary: Right at the start, you wrote "an [...] movies". Furthermore, a verb is missing here. Finally, be very cautious when to use exclamation marks. I do not think it belongs here.

The rest seems to be okay.

Thank you for the feedback. Try this:

Long summary
The best Superman animated movies in one thrilling set. Follow the adventures of, Superman, as he meets his greatest challenge as a champion in Superman Doomsday. Next, in All-Star Superman, as a result of his arch nemesis Lex Luther's scheming, Superman is overexposed to radiation and is slowly dying. When catastrophe strikes, Superman once again rushes into action in Superman vs. The Elite.

Short summary
A great collection of Superman movies namely Superman Doomsday, All-Star Superman and Superman vs the Elite in one thrilling set with memorable characters to be enjoyed with your kids and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.