Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Title : My Favorite Subject
My favorite subjects are science and math. I liked English and Korean the most when I was younger because science and math were difficult to understand. As my grade upgraded/went up, it became easier for me to understand science and math. Maybe it's because it's English and Korean, not a computational subject that requires a lot of writing.
Science is also divided into several parts. Science is solving and finding answers by questioning everything on Earth. Researchers constantly research and search for secrets and, but what students learn at school is simply solving the riddles that researchers have found out.
Mathematics is important to learn as it makes everything we use into calculations. I also got interested in Mathematics for calculating using symbols and numbers.
I heard that the higher the grade, the more people give up math and science, but I lost interest in English and Korean. But math and science are necessary because I have to write a report or thesis on them..
==================================
Could you correct the two underlined parts?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Title : My Favorite Subject
My favorite subjects are science and math. I liked English and Korean the most when I was younger because I found science and math [STRIKE]were [/STRIKE]difficult to understand. As my grade upgraded/went up , it became easier for me (I found it easier) to understand science and math.

Maybe it's because[STRIKE] it's [/STRIKE]English and Korean,[STRIKE] not a computational subject that [/STRIKE]require[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] a lot of writing, but I prefer calculations (and analytical thinking).

Science is also divided into several parts. Science is about solving and finding answers [STRIKE]by questioning everything[/STRIKE] to questions on physical things on Earth. Researchers constantly research (study) and search for secrets (about?) [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE], but what students learn at school is simply solving [STRIKE]the riddles [/STRIKE] questions on facts that researchers have found [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE].
Mathematics is important to learn as it [STRIKE]makes [/STRIKE] expresses everything we use in[STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] calculations. I also got interested in mathematics for [STRIKE]calculating[/STRIKE] working with [STRIKE] using [/STRIKE]symbols and numbers.
I heard that the higher the grade, the more people give up math and science, but I lost interest in English and Korean (what has people giving up math and sicence to do with you losing interest in languages?) . But math and science are necessary because I have to write a report or thesis on them (If you don't have to write reports on them, does that mean they are not necessary?)
==================================
Could you correct the two underlined parts?

See my comments.

As to the two parts you want to focus on, here are my suggestions:

As my grade upgraded/went up, it became easier for me to understand science and math.

As I went on to higher levels/When I reached higher levels...

Grades can be ambiguous. It could mean the marks or score in an exam. In other countries, they are called Year 1, Year 2, etc, or Standard 1, Standard 2, etc.

I heard that the higher the grade, the more people give up math and science, but I lost interest in English and Korean.

...at higher levels/when students reach higher levels/grades...

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
(Apparently/I heard) that (at higher levels/when students reach higher levels/grades), more students give up math and science, but I lost interest in English and Korean. However, I need them because I have to write a report or thesis on math and science.
===================
Thanks, the last part should be edited like this.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
(Apparently/I heard) that (at higher levels/when students reach higher levels/grades), more students give up math and science, but I lost interest in English and Korean. However, I need them because I have to write a report or thesis on math and science.
===================
Thanks, the last part should be edited like this.

How about:

I hear that, when students reach higher levels, they tend to give up (on) math and science. While I (too) begin to lose interest in the languages (English and Korean), I need (to persevere as I need) to use them for writing reports on math and science.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.