Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
Hello!

I had an interview invitation and I want to reply professionally to it to accept it. I will appreciate if you can modify my version.

Thanks so much in advance!

Dear Dr. Mony,

Thank you very much for your email. Yes, I am interested in doing a postdoctoral program.
Sure. I appreciate having the opportunity to speak with you about a postdoctoral position in your group.
Except on Monday (June 24) 11 am -2 pm, and Thursday, the whole day, any other time works for me. I look forward to meeting with you.

Hello!

I had an interview invitation and I want to reply professionally to it to accept it. I will appreciate if you can modify my version.

Thanks so much in advance!

Dear Dr. Mony,

Thank you very much for your email. Yes, I am interested in doing a postdoctoral program.
[STRIKE] Sure. [/STRIKE] I most certainly appreciate having the opportunity to speak with you about a postdoctoral position in your group.
[STRIKE] Except on [/STRIKE] For your information, I would not be available Monday (June 24) 11 am -2 pm, and Thursday, the whole day, because of previous commitments. Any other time works for me. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to meeting with you.

Suggestions.

Thanks so much!

Hey billmcd,
I just have some questions:
1. "For your information" is not bossy?
2. I am sure, I am not available at those times, is "would be" right or I should use "will be"?
3. Is it necessary to say "because of previous commitments"?

I appreciate if you can help me understand it better.
Thanks!

Hey billmcd,
I just have some questions:
1. "For your information" is not bossy? I would not think so if I were receiving the e-mail.
2. I am sure, I am not available at those times, is "would be" right or I should use "will be"? The meaning is that "if you were to schedule the meeting, I would not be available". It's OK.
3. Is it necessary to say "because of previous commitments"? Necessary? No. But I would include it.

I appreciate if you can help me understand it better.
Thanks!

b.

Thanks. Now I understand it better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back