This is to inform all students/all the students...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banglardon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello teacher, can you please tell me if write a notice for a school or an organisation, can I write it in the following way? I mean should the start of the notice be like this? Are they all correct?

1 - This is to inform all the students of the school that the school/our school has decided to organize a blood donation campaign.

2 - This is to inform all the students of this school that the school/our school has decided to organize a blood donation campaign.

3 - This is to inform all students that the school/our school has decided to organize a blood donation campaign.

4 - This is to inform all the students that the school/our school has decided to organize a blood donation campaign.

5 - All the students of this/the school are informed that the school/our school has do organize a blood donation campaign.

6- The school/our school has decided to organize a blood donation campaign.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Our school will be launching a blood-donation campaign.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've also heard it called a "blood drive".

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
There's certainly no need to begin your notice with 'This is to inform all the students of the school that …' , Banglardon.

Banglardon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
There's certainly no need to begin your notice with 'This is to inform all the students of the school that …' , Banglardon.

Thank you. Can I use "the school" and "our school" interchangeably in the following sentence? I think "the school" is also possible at the start. Though It is not previously mentioned what specific school I am referring, people can still understand because I am writing notice for a certain school. Am I right?

- The school/our school has decided to organize a blood donation campaign on 15th August. Those interested in donating blood may contact the undersigned person.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you. Can I use "the school" and "our school" interchangeably in the following sentence? I think "the school" is also possible at the start. Though It is not previously mentioned what specific school I am referring, people can still understand because I am writing notice for a certain school. Am I right?

- The school/our school has decided to organize a blood donation campaign on 15th August. Those interested in donating blood may contact the undersigned person.
They're both possible and mean nearly the same thing in the provided context.

Banglardon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
They're both possible and mean nearly the same thing in the provided context.

If it was a exam test which of tenses would you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.